Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 05:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----July 2012

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----July 2012 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 16:12
Hi Friends,

I have Scheduled My Gmat Appointment------>July 1st 2012.,As i am Non Native speaker i am very Poor at Verbal

completed

Quant-----> Manhattan Number properties Guide and other topics from random materials

Verbal--------->OG12,OG10,Manhattan SC and Cr bible

Small Clarification,,In Quant From which Topic do the Majority of the questions come ????If Possible Please Put up % of problems From each topic

Thinking to start with the tests

Diagnostic-------->500(Q 39 V 16)------ :cry: ( I am a Non-Native speaker)

Gonna start with My Tests in another 3-4 days and update you

Any Suggestions or Advise are Appreciated............

Thanks in advance

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Last edited by mydreammba on 01 Sep 2012, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2011, 05:03
kotela wrote:
Hi Friends,

I have Scheduled My Gmat Appointment------>Feb 3 2012.,As i am Non Native speaker i am very Poor at Verbal

completed

Quant-----> Manhattan Number properties Guide and other topics from random materials

Small Clarification,,In Quant From which Topic do the Majority of the questions come ????If Possible Please Put up % of problems From each topic

Thanks in advance

I'd really suggest you work on your verbal for next couple of weeks, although I am not sure how much difference you can make in 4 weeks. When did you take that diagnostic test? Was it the official GMAT prep software?

Your quant score looks ok but as you know verbal score takes heavier weight on scaling. Also, you'll need to get a good verbal score especially since you're an international student.

Good luck!
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2011, 16:47
goodbyeboy wrote:
kotela wrote:
Hi Friends,

I have Scheduled My Gmat Appointment------>Feb 3 2012.,As i am Non Native speaker i am very Poor at Verbal

completed

Thanks in advance

I'd really suggest you work on your verbal for next couple of weeks, although I am not sure how much difference you can make in 4 weeks. When did you take that diagnostic test? Was it the official GMAT prep software?

Your quant score looks ok but as you know verbal score takes heavier weight on scaling. Also, you'll need to get a good verbal score especially since you're an international student.

Good luck!

I took My diagnostic test on November 21st and it was Official Gmat Prep.....

Thanks for the valuable suggestions............

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 31

CAT Tests
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 13:54
This post received
KUDOS
Try to read and 2-3 articles a day from WSJ, NY Times or like... While reading these articles try to carefully scrutinize and recall the concepts you have learned from MGMAT guides. I hope this will improve your RC and overall verbal scores.

If you learn to do things that you need to do - then someday - you can do things that you want to do.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8160 [0], given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 14:01
Expert's post
Let us know your practice scores and then we can talk - try to capture as much detail as you can.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 16:55
Thanks Guys,,Yes i will

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 01:58
Hi Friends,

Need Urgent Help is Assessment My score on Gmat Prep

I have My Exam on Feb 3rd 2012 and today i have given my First Practice test and i am completely devastated with my score, I got 490 (M 32, V 26) and when i reviewed Verbal Section i see only 14 incorrect out of 41 questions,But when i reviewed Verbal Section out of first 10 questions i answered 5 incorrect and on later 31 questions i see 9 incorrect,but my verbal scale sums to only 26, :o , how is it possible????? and In quant i got 4 wrong out of First 10 and 15 wrong out of next 27 but In Quant many were silly mistakes, if i would have looked at question more carefully i would have cracked atleast 9 out of 16 Incorrect in Quant...... ..what to do now???????

My Diagnostic score was 500 which is greater than the recent score which is 490, and when i wrote my diagnostic test here were 19 incorrect in Quant and 23 incorrect in verbal I am not sure if the Gmat prep is showing correct assessment or not

Please help me.....

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 38

Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 12:06
Since GMAT is a computer Adaptive test..I think you are getting the easier questions wrong too.. Also its not the no of questions you got wrong..its the level of question that you got wrong (by the way judging whats the level of question is also wrong on GMAT )

i suggest you review your GMAT exam results and see which questions you got wrong (try error-tracker ) and work on your weak areas..and remember if need be you can always retake/postpone your gmat exam..

All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 16:05
nathandrake wrote:
Since GMAT is a computer Adaptive test..I think you are getting the easier questions wrong too.. Also its not the no of questions you got wrong..its the level of question that you got wrong (by the way judging whats the level of question is also wrong on GMAT )

i suggest you review your GMAT exam results and see which questions you got wrong (try error-tracker ) and work on your weak areas..and remember if need be you can always retake/postpone your gmat exam..

Thanks for your valuable suggestions

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Need Urgent advise Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on Feb 3 20 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 20:12
Friends Here is my assessment

Gmat Prep---->610
Power prep 1--->Q45 V42 710(many questions were repeated)
Power prep 2---->Q47 V32 640(some question repeated)
Manhattan Cat 4D--->Q42 V25 560(A shocker..........)

Regarding Manhattan

Quant
----------
Quant problems are time taking(Each problem involves a large no of calculations) in the last i didn't have sufficient time to mark the questions,hardly i had only 2 min and 5 questions left so i could just mark the options even without seeing the questions and indeed to my fate when i viewed the results all last 5 quant questions were wrong....

Verbal

Here i had to complete last 10 questions in 10 min and was Surprised to see 2 lengthy passages,it took time to answer the questions as the passages were very tricky(one was something related to biology and other regarding history which i don't like at all) and to my fate i got 1 RC at the last so i just randomly marked the last few questions

So friends Here is my assessment

I want to now whether Manhattan tests are representative to Actual Gmat Exam,because i see Quant time taking and Verbal more challenging(I see many bold face questions which i have hardly encountered in Gmat Pre) than Actual Gmat prep,so can anyone please help me in this assessment...Please............will be waiting for the response

Please help me my Actual Gmat is on Feb 3 2012

Today I attempted 2nd Manhattan Test and scored Just 590(Q42 V31).........Confused regarding my postponement of My Exam....will be waiting for the valuable suggestions.......My Exam is on Feb 3rd 2012

Last edited by mydreammba on 23 Jan 2012, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 22:26
Please advise if MGMAT books and tests are indicative. I am relying on MGMAT books and tests for my preparation.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Need Urgent Advise Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on---Feb 3  [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 21:06
Please help me my Actual Gmat is on Feb 3 2012

Today I attempted 2nd Manhattan Test and scored Just 590(Q42 V31) :cry: .........Confused whether to postpone My Exam :evil: ....will be waiting for the valuable suggestions.......My Exam is on Feb 3rd 2012

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: Need Urgent Advise Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on---Feb 3 [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 17:11
I would suggest to reschedule if it allows you. And take a dig again after few months. I was performing below expectations and I rescheduled twice and having test in Mar now.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8160 [0], given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 00:30
Expert's post
Also, here is something helpful: what-to-do-for-the-last-14-days-before-the-real-test-120895.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 179

Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012 [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 09:49
Are you aiming to apply to MBA this year? I believe most of R2 deadline have already passed and depending on which school you are applying to, some schools don't take app from int'l students pass a certain round.

I don't know your background, but if it is feasible perhaps you can try applying next year? You'll have more time to prepare for GMAT and get a good score while also have a better chance at R1 and R2
Re: Scheduled My Gmat Appointment on----Feb 3 2012   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2012, 09:49