Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 21:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scheduling GMAT - best day of the week?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: McDodough, Smith
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Scheduling GMAT - best day of the week? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 13:59
What is the best day of the week to take the test when you have a full time job (e.g. Monday vs. Saturday/Sunday)? Obviously I would have to take a day off that day, unless it's on a weekend. Any suggestions from those who already took the test? Thanks!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9405 [0], given: 3697

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Scheduling GMAT - best day of the week? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 14:34
Expert's post
I would go for Monday since I can rest on Sat/Sun but I know I will also be stressing out so much suggestion is usually to take the Sun easy and just go out in the afternoon and do something you have not done before (enjoy life a bit). then have an early evening. Eat early and go to bed at a reasonable time (not super early).

One idea is to take the GMAT 24 hrs before the test and go to bed the night before the same time you would the day before the test. I did that to "simulate" my test day with the GMAT Prep. Then took off for a few hrs with a friend of mine to hang out in the city....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

Re: Scheduling GMAT - best day of the week? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 15:29
There really are no good or bad days of the week. If I were to schedule my GMAT exam, it would be on Wednesday as from life experience, this is the day when my energy and focus peak. However, listen to your own body and rhythm and it will tell you which day is best. Lastly, remember that no matter what day you take the test, there is no replacement for being well prepared and dedicating the time, energy and effort that this test deserves.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Intern
Intern
Schools: McDodough, Smith

Re: Scheduling GMAT - best day of the week? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 16:40
Thank you for your replies!

I am actually trying to schedule now - I can see through April the latest, there are almost no appointments other than @ 8 am. That is the problem for me because I am not a morning person. 7 months in advance - and almost all good spots are taken!!! My husband took GMAT 2 years ago (in October) and he said he had no problem finding a good spot much less than 7 months in advance. Does this mean that more and more people are thinking about MBA, or there is some kind of seasonality in taking GMAT?

So I found one good spot at 11 am, which is a perfect time for my brain to wake up :lol: and it's Wednesday, and it kind of makes sense for me that by the middle of the week a body (my body) sort of functions better, so maybe I am going to take it. I also thought before that Monday was the best day, but only because I don't have to take days off work.

Anyway, thank you for the tips!
Intern
Intern

Re: Scheduling GMAT - best day of the week? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 18:36
i interest this forum.
Re: Scheduling GMAT - best day of the week?   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2012, 18:36