Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 03:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

School Name Brand Recognition Misconception

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2007, 07:32
johnnyx9 wrote:
Yeah I guess that would make a good testimonial, but unfortunately I wasn't paid.

I have a friend who is applying to b-school who I keep telling to check this site out and I don't know if he's just too lazy or what, but I mean the guy is clueless to the whole process. All he knows is what his application instructions say. If he spent any time on this forum asking opinions and advice he might have known that his "positioning" shouldn't have been, "Well I think business school could be good for me, but I don't really need an MBA that badly, so I'm just kind of applying to see what's out there." That's literally how he answered the "Why and MBA?" questions on all his apps.

I've always wondered how my essays would turn out if I never found this forum or bought Paul Bodine's book. It actually makes my stomach hurt thinking about it - they would just be god awful.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2007, 08:38
johnnyx9 wrote:
Yeah I guess that would make a good testimonial, but unfortunately I wasn't paid.

I have a friend who is applying to b-school who I keep telling to check this site out and I don't know if he's just too lazy or what, but I mean the guy is clueless to the whole process. All he knows is what his application instructions say. If he spent any time on this forum asking opinions and advice he might have known that his "positioning" shouldn't have been, "Well I think business school could be good for me, but I don't really need an MBA that badly, so I'm just kind of applying to see what's out there." That's literally how he answered the "Why and MBA?" questions on all his apps.

Please keep us appraised of his results. :)
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2007, 08:58
Rhyme,

I'll definitely keep you posted. And I would actually share many more of his mis-steps and boneheaded maneuvers in the process, but I'm afraid he might actually finally take my advice and check out this site and see me goofing on him.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2007, 09:06
johnnyx9 wrote:
Rhyme,

I'll definitely keep you posted. And I would actually share many more of his mis-steps and boneheaded maneuvers in the process, but I'm afraid he might actually finally take my advice and check out this site and see me goofing on him.

Naw... he won't ... common spill da beans.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2007, 09:29
All right, here's one little funny story to give you an idea. So HBS has an essay that asks for something like your "three greatest accomplishments." And he was thinking of including a couple of work accomplishments, and then for his third one he was going to talk about how he was the beer-pong champion at some college party. Because he thought this would show that he had a sense of humor. Which we all know is really what HBS is looking for, a bunch of really hilarious people.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2007, 09:43
lol...
well that could make his application unique, at least that they like, maybe not that kind of unique, but you never know!
ahahah
  [#permalink] 15 Feb 2007, 09:43