Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 17:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

School Selection & Scholarhips

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

School Selection & Scholarhips [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 21:08
Hope all of you are having a good time.

I need help to choose my MBA school and scholarships/Graduate Assistant or any other financial support. So, below you will find some highlights of my profile along with the constraints I am facing.

Education Plans
Interested in - MBA (Full Time)
Countries in which I am interested - USA, UK & Australia

Profile Highlights

Class X - 82.9%
Class XII - 82.9%
Professional Education - B.E. Mechanical Engineering (4-Years) - University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
CGPA - 3.78
Work Experience - 3 years to date at Management Positions
Organizations worked at - Unilever (1.25 years) & British American Tobacco (1.75 years)
GMAT Score - 550
International Representation - Have represented Pakistan twice at Leadership Training Conference held on the platform of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) at USA

Constraints

Financial Issues - Need a scholarship in order to pursue an expensive program like MBA
Low GMAT Score - Although it can be improved, as this was my first attempt for GMAT. However, I would like to only improve if you would suggest me keeping in view as a necessary requirement for scholarship

So, summarizing, in view of the above information, I would be seeking for your advice to get admission in one of the good business schools with a fully funded scholarship. I know, that my GMAT score is less but it can be overcome with my GPA and management work experience with leading multi-nationals of the world at good management positions.

Looking forward to your reply & advice.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1983

Kudos [?]: 6414 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: School Selection & Scholarhips [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 06:25
Expert's post
Schools do not guarantee scholarships.
However, your odds increase as you become a higher caliber applicant (not even sure if that's the right terminology) than average.... meaning you are less likely to attend a school.

As an easy way, I would recommend focusing on schools with 50-100 points of Average GMAT Score below your score...

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 96

Re: School Selection & Scholarhips [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 08:57
farhanmoghal1 wrote:

I need help to choose my MBA school and scholarships/Graduate Assistant or any other financial support. So, below you will find some highlights of my profile along with the constraints I am facing.

Education Plans

Profile Highlights

Class X - 82.9%
Class XII - 82.9%
Professional Education - B.E. Mechanical Engineering (4-Years) - University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
CGPA - 3.78
Organizations worked at - Unilever (1.25 years) & British American Tobacco (1.75 years)
GMAT Score - 550
International Representation - Have represented Pakistan twice at Leadership Training Conference held on the platform of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) at USA

Constraints

Financial Issues - Need a scholarship in order to pursue an expensive program like MBA
Low GMAT Score - Although it can be improved, as this was my first attempt for GMAT. However, I would like to only improve if you would suggest me keeping in view as a necessary requirement for scholarship

So, summarizing, in view of the above information, I would be seeking for your advice to get admission in one of the good business schools with a fully funded scholarship. I know, that my GMAT score is less but it can be overcome with my GPA and management work experience with leading multi-nationals of the world at good management positions.

if you want a serious school, retake ur gmat. otherwise, id say dont go to school. ur work experience at those companies will serve u better than a low ranked mba.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: School Selection & Scholarhips [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 03:50
Hi Farhan,

Undoubtedly you must write GMAT again and aim for 690+ to be able to apply in good b-school(s). You must also showcase headship skills, achievements in or outside work place and maturity while writing application essays and demonstrate professionalism & ability to work with others during the final interviews. Your scholarship chances will also depend on well you position yourself in essays and interviews. You may try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking http://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for discussion in length.

Regards
Erina

farhanmoghal1 wrote:

Education Plans

Profile Highlights

Class X - 82.9%
Class XII - 82.9%
CGPA - 3.78
GMAT Score - 550

Constraints

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Re: School Selection & Scholarhips   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2013, 03:50