Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

School visits

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

School visits [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2009, 07:44
Hi,

I'm planning to visit the following schools in June. I know that some schools don't track visits, but some do and weigh them in your application. Would appreciate any insights on the list, and do correct me if i'm wrong on anything.

HBS - they don't really care
Stanford - they don't really care
Wharton
MIT
Kellogg
Chicago Booth
Tuck
Berkeley
Columbia
Stern
UCLA
Yale SOM
Cornell
Duke

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Aboo
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: School visits [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2009, 09:14
aboodoing,

I have no hard data that Stanford and HBS don't track visits, though it would certainly make sense that they would not given their brand and the volume of applicants they can expect to attract. As for the rest of the schools, I recommend assuming that they *will* note all formal visits (i.e., visits you've notified them about in advance) in some way. More importantly, the value of the school visits is not only that it shows your interest, but that it gives you personal material demonstrating your interest in the school that you can refer to in your essays, thus differentiating yourself from other applicants. Above all, it gives you opportunities to speak with students (be sure you get their names), who, if you stay in touch with them and they want to help you, may write letters of support on your behalf later in the application process. In other words, don't *not* visit a school just because you think they don't note visits in applicants' files.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter