Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 08:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schools for international career

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.16
WE: Underwriter (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools for international career [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 14:31
I am currently in the process of deciding which schools to apply to for Fall 2014 enrollment. Ultimately I would like the opportunity to have career opportunities working outside of the US post graduation. Unfortunately I currently only speak English (although I'm currently taking Spanish classes at night) so I feel as though I need to focus on working in the UK for now.

I've looked into applying to UK schools but I'm a little concerned about their Visa policy, it seems as though in order to stay a non EU student must have a job offer prior to graduation. Does anyone have any information about the hiring process and likelihood of having an offer prior to graduation from a UK MBA program? Ultimately I would like to attend Said or Judge, but would like info on other schools in case I'm not accepted to either of those. Obviously I want to avoid moving there for school and having to return to the US immediately upon graduation because I didn't have a job offer, not having time to search for a job is an issue.

As for US schools does anyone have any info on which are the best to attend to find international job opportunities? The 2 year US program would also give me time to pick up a second language.

I have an undergrad GPA of 3.3, 5 years experience in commercial banking, and a current GMAT of 710. Any info on schools that I would be competitive for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Schools: HBS '16, Fuqua
GMAT 1: 510 Q25 V36
GMAT 2: 510 Q29 V31
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Schools for international career [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 14:40
London Business School might suit your profile. Other options include some of the European business schools like HEC Paris and there are two good schools in Spain ISESE is one which you might consider. They all teach classes in English. Different EU countries might have different visa requirements so it might be worthwhile looking around.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Schools for international career   [#permalink] 07 May 2013, 14:40