Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 10:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

schools looking for young people

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Terry, Georgia Tech
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 22

schools looking for young people [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 20:43
Hi,

Just got rejected by Terry College of Business. Feeling really low :cry:

However, I have got a score of 740 and will try next year too. I guess the fact that I have currently just about 1 year's experience counted against me.

Friends,

Can you give me a list of B schools who have a liking for young students who might not have many years ( >3) of work experience?

Thanks in advance!

Samidh
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to get in touch if you feel I can be of some assistance to you. You can find me in Facebook if you search!

Consider giving me some kudos if you like my post

Current Student
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 37

Re: schools looking for young people [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 05:06
I think your best bet is to hold off until you have at minimum 2 full years. The only schools that encourage those with fewer than 2-3 years are Harvard and Stanford. Some schools, such as Vanderbilt's Owen School, have 20% of their class full of people with between 2-3 years I believe. The younger you are, the more you need to have stellar extracurriculars, a solid undergrad GPA from a top school, and you need to prove that you have something to offer to your fellow classmates at the graduate level. The high GMAT will only take you so far in this process.

Wait, beef up your resume over the next 2 years, and apply again.
Re: schools looking for young people   [#permalink] 04 May 2011, 05:06