Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 2.78
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Schulich Jan 2014 Intake- Indian Male-680 [#permalink]
Hi Nardeep,

You still have sufficient time for applying to Canadian & US b-schools. I agree with your decission of re-taking GMAT. Target 700+ and then apply in good US b-schools. To check your chances in business schools, click to https://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for school selection and discussion in length.

Regards
Erina

nardeep wrote:
Hello
Is it advisable to send my application for jan intake now considering that the international deadline is 1st sep and if i am not mistaken, about half of the batch might already be full. Plz also comment about scholarship oppurtunities. My gmat-680 , decent extra - curriculars, 3 yr work ex in Indian IT MNC, helped create a consulting start-up but wasnt a part of its working, made the business strategy . i have to retake gmat aiming 700 + and would submit my complete application by 10 th july. please suggest
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Expert Reply
nardeep wrote:
Hello
Is it advisable to send my application for jan intake now considering that the international deadline is 1st sep and if i am not mistaken, about half of the batch might already be full. Plz also comment about scholarship oppurtunities. My gmat-680 , decent extra - curriculars, 3 yr work ex in Indian IT MNC, helped create a consulting start-up but wasnt a part of its working, made the business strategy . i have to retake gmat aiming 700 + and would submit my complete application by 10 th july. please suggest

Hi,

A few points

1) Your GMAT is well within range of the school (rather above average), so even if you score 700+ it is not gonna give you surety of admissions (if you wanna score 700+ and take chances with other schools, then it is a different story), so i suggest you immediately submit your application

2) Since you are from a common indian pool - IT, you have a challenge to prove your concrete through essays. You must be able to prove that why and how are you different from rest of the similar profiles. I suggest you to demonstrate proven leadership skills, initiative taking skills and decision making skills that you would have demonstrated during start up

3) I might sound harsh, but the fact is that getting scholarship at Schulich is very difficult (even if you score 700+). IF scholarship is your priority, you may choose their india campus for the first year, and you join their toronto batch in second year.

Hope this helps

Thanks and good luck
GMAT Club Bot