Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 02:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schulich School of Business

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schulich School of Business [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2007, 19:26
I would like to know if anyone have experience with Schulich school of Business in Toronto. If so, what was your GMAT school to get in. The school has an average of 654. I was wondering what are my chances with a 620?

Thank you!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1577 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Schulich School of Business [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2007, 19:52
tcwaterloo wrote:
I would like to know if anyone have experience with Schulich school of Business in Toronto. If so, what was your GMAT school to get in. The school has an average of 654. I was wondering what are my chances with a 620?

Thank you!

I dont know anything about the school, so im shooting from the hip here... but... if your score is 620, and 654 is the average, id venture that you sit squarely within the reasonable ranges for the school. It'll also depend a bit on the rest of your profile -- namely, if your GPA is really bad, then a below average GMAT might be a bit more risky. If you bring a nice strong GPA to the table, they will be less concerned with a 620.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2007, 06:53
hey tcwaterloo, are you in toronto?

I have a friend currently attending her first year at Schulich, so you can pass me any questions.

I think a 620 is definitely within the range. I get the impression that Schulich is not too hard to get into. Don't know much about the program but they do have pretty good internship placements.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 11:52
Well, I got my offical score and my application is done.
My offical GMAT score is 630 Q46V31 AWA5.5. My GPA was around 3.7 and graduated from University of Waterloo with an BASc (Engineering).

I am waiting for the acceptance from Schulich, but the scary thing is that Schulich was the only school I applied to. If I do not get in, I most likely do not have time to apply to another school. hahahhahaha..

Sigh.. I am too lazy and cheap to apply at another school. The GMAT test itself was 300 CAD!

JUST ACCEPT me and let me be!

Tcwaterloo
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 12:05
Hey tcwaterloo,
You sound like you are right in the range for Schulich and should be competitive. Just in case it doesn't work out, you will be pretty late for applying to most other schools except for Ivey. Since they run two intakes per year (and don't start Fall term until October) you will still only be in round 1 or 2 if you want to apply.
Hopefully, that doesn't matter and you wont have to write more essays...
Good luck!!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 13:20
What Engineering discipline were you in?I graduated from UW myself, class '03, CompSci. It's good to see another canadian on this board.

I think you should really aim higher instead of settling for Schuilich... Why no try for a higher GMAT and apply to US schools? What are your goals and d purpose for mba?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 171 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 14:30
fluffydot wrote:
What Engineering discipline were you in?I graduated from UW myself, class '03, CompSci. It's good to see another canadian on this board.

I'm also from Canada, Quebec :)
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2007, 08:39
Thanks for all the replies, for my concerns.

I am '05 Grad from Chemical Engineering and I looking to specialize in International Business, Operation Management and Entrepreneurship. I quit my full-time job and started my own contract business. The main reason I am looking to get into Schulich is for the International program. I participated in an academic and work exchange during my undergrad and I loved it. Therefore, Schulich was the most appealing to me. (also Rotman doesn’t do operation management and Ivey has a condensed MBA program which I feel is not as comprehensive as the other programs)

When I was preparing for the GMAT test, I told myself that if I scored above 700, I would apply to Ivey US schools. I know I can get above 700 if I were continued to improve on my verbal score. However, I also know that the verbal score doesn’t come overnight. Oh yeah, the cost plays a role as well.

I am actually glad to hear that Ivey has a later acceptance, because that is my second choice for MBA school.

So yeah, I just hope to get accepted into Schulich and work in Asia somewhere as an intern ( I can speak Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese).

So what do you guys think?

(JUST ACCEPT ME SO I CAN SLEEP!) The suspense is killing me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2007, 11:03
It sounds like you are happy with your choice, so I would go for it. Don't let people talk you into believing an MBA is only worth it if you get it from a top 20 school.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2007, 10:29
Oh yeah!

I do not have to worry anymore. I got accepted into IMBA program. Now I am waiting for to see if I get a scholarship or an entrance bursary.
  [#permalink] 24 Apr 2007, 10:29