Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 08:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 22:51
echelon99 wrote:
submitted my app last week. now the wait begins.
i hate this part

Hi echelon99.
have you heard back from Schulich?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 112
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 2.94
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 8

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 22:56
arjunpisharody wrote:
Hi echelon99.
have you heard back from Schulich?



Nope, nothing arjun.

I haven't heard back from any university I applied to, and Schulich's suppose to take longer than the others so I'm not counting on getting an email from Schulich anytime soon. Maybe mid-late feb.

What about you? Any luck?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 03:44
echelon99 wrote:
arjunpisharody wrote:
Hi echelon99.
have you heard back from Schulich?



Nope, nothing arjun.

I haven't heard back from any university I applied to, and Schulich's suppose to take longer than the others so I'm not counting on getting an email from Schulich anytime soon. Maybe mid-late feb.

What about you? Any luck?


Nope.. still waiting :I
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Schools: Schulich
GPA: 2.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 06:44
Hey guys, what GPA is equivalent to a B-average at York? Is it a 2.7 or 3.0?

I'm referring to this conversion chart published by McMaster:
studentsuccess.mcmaster.ca/resources/gpa-conversion-chart.html
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 137
Location: Canada
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Education)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 10

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 07:01
B is mid 70s and B- is low 70s. I guess for the 4.0 gpa conversion B and B- would be 3.0 and 2.7
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 07:08
lazyturbo wrote:
Hey guys, what GPA is equivalent to a B-average at York? Is it a 2.7 or 3.0?

I'm referring to this conversion chart published by McMaster:
studentsuccess.mcmaster.ca/resources/gpa-conversion-chart.html



Depends which University you went to. Scroll down to see if you school is on there, then scroll up and find out which number your under. If you have a B average, then your good to go to apply for Schulich. As long as you have a B avg, GMAT630+, Good and Stand Out Essays and relevant work experience, Schulich should not be a problem to get into. I know this because I got into Schulich for Fall 2013, but I also got into Ivey, so i will be attending Ivey instead.

PM me if you want more info on applying to Schulich, I can be of assistance.

Hope this helps.

ASAPSEventhirty.....in the MORNING! WOOOOO!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Schools: Schulich
GPA: 2.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 07:17
deadlycat wrote:
B is mid 70s and B- is low 70s. I guess for the 4.0 gpa conversion B and B- would be 3.0 and 2.7

Yes, but looking at that table...there is no B- for York
So if I had a 2.8 GPA, would that still be a B?

ASAP730 wrote:
Depends which University you went to. Scroll down to see if you school is on there, then scroll up and find out which number your under. If you have a B average, then your good to go to apply for Schulich. As long as you have a B avg, GMAT630+, Good and Stand Out Essays and relevant work experience, Schulich should not be a problem to get into. I know this because I got into Schulich for Fall 2013, but I also got into Ivey, so i will be attending Ivey instead.

Thanks for the response. That is what I'm trying to figure out..whether I have a B-average at York. My GPA is 2.8, but in that conversion chart...the box is blank.
I can't imagine that I would be bumped down to the C+...so I assume I have a B-average. Is that correct?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 07:42
lazyturbo wrote:
deadlycat wrote:
B is mid 70s and B- is low 70s. I guess for the 4.0 gpa conversion B and B- would be 3.0 and 2.7

Yes, but looking at that table...there is no B- for York
So if I had a 2.8 GPA, would that still be a B?

ASAP730 wrote:
Depends which University you went to. Scroll down to see if you school is on there, then scroll up and find out which number your under. If you have a B average, then your good to go to apply for Schulich. As long as you have a B avg, GMAT630+, Good and Stand Out Essays and relevant work experience, Schulich should not be a problem to get into. I know this because I got into Schulich for Fall 2013, but I also got into Ivey, so i will be attending Ivey instead.

Thanks for the response. That is what I'm trying to figure out..whether I have a B-average at York. My GPA is 2.8, but in that conversion chart...the box is blank.
I can't imagine that I would be bumped down to the C+...so I assume I have a B-average. Is that correct?


Ya thats correct. AGain, Schulich looks at the whole application. Just say you have a C, it doesnt mean they won't even look at your app. A friend of mine got in with a C, but he has 4+ yrs experience in eng consulting. He was accepted, on the condition that he maintain a B average for the first term, otherwise he would have been kicked out. Apparently you have to maintain a B regardless for anyone that is accepted.

Hope this helps..


aSAP!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Schools: Schulich
GPA: 2.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 07:48
Thanks for the information ASAP. Much appreciated!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 112
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 2.94
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 8

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 08:30
lazyturbo, please feel free to apply but i can tell you, from my very recent experience, Schulich does not look kindly on those with less than 3.0 gpa. I know that because I got dinged with 2.9 gpa, great ECs and significant WE.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Schools: Schulich
GPA: 2.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 13:39
echelon99 wrote:
lazyturbo, please feel free to apply but i can tell you, from my very recent experience, Schulich does not look kindly on those with less than 3.0 gpa. I know that because I got dinged with 2.9 gpa, great ECs and significant WE.

Thanks for the response echelon99. Would you mind explaining what you mean by 'dinged'? Does that mean you weren't accepted?

Also, are admission requirements typically lower for part-time versus full-time?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 112
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 2.94
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 8

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 20:50
lazyturbo wrote:
echelon99 wrote:
lazyturbo, please feel free to apply but i can tell you, from my very recent experience, Schulich does not look kindly on those with less than 3.0 gpa. I know that because I got dinged with 2.9 gpa, great ECs and significant WE.

Thanks for the response echelon99. Would you mind explaining what you mean by 'dinged'? Does that mean you weren't accepted?

Also, are admission requirements typically lower for part-time versus full-time?



Yes.

And yes, IMO it should be easier to get into part-time compared to ft.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 137
Location: Canada
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Education)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 10

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 07:49
echelon99 wrote:
lazyturbo wrote:
echelon99 wrote:
lazyturbo, please feel free to apply but i can tell you, from my very recent experience, Schulich does not look kindly on those with less than 3.0 gpa. I know that because I got dinged with 2.9 gpa, great ECs and significant WE.

Thanks for the response echelon99. Would you mind explaining what you mean by 'dinged'? Does that mean you weren't accepted?

Also, are admission requirements typically lower for part-time versus full-time?



Yes.

And yes, IMO it should be easier to get into part-time compared to ft.


Actually it's the same. Unlike other schools, Schulich doesn't differentiate between part time and full time for admission. In fact switching between the two is just a simple matter of changing your status on file and you can go back and forth pretty seamlessly.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 15:21
echelon99 wrote:
lazyturbo wrote:
echelon99 wrote:
lazyturbo, please feel free to apply but i can tell you, from my very recent experience, Schulich does not look kindly on those with less than 3.0 gpa. I know that because I got dinged with 2.9 gpa, great ECs and significant WE.

Thanks for the response echelon99. Would you mind explaining what you mean by 'dinged'? Does that mean you weren't accepted?

Also, are admission requirements typically lower for part-time versus full-time?



Yes.

And yes, IMO it should be easier to get into part-time compared to ft.


Echelon, did u get interviewed? Your GMAT is good. Gpa not a huge factor. How much work experience do you have? I think Schulich was pretty easy to get accepted as long as you show leadership potential in essays etc


Anyways. Schulich ft and pt is the same. You can bounce back and forward.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 01:56
I submitted my application on Jan 7th 2013.
So far I have only heard back from the admission assistant for my transcripts. Anyone has news for R2?

My background:

Chinese female 28; BA from top university in China GPA 3.5; MS from top public university in the US GPA 3.5
1 year international NGO in South America; 2.5 years marketing research in China
GMAT 640
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.63
WE: Design (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 06:26
Hi All,

Got an admit from Schulich, surprisingly without an interview :shock: . Received an email on Tuesday. Anyone else get an admit yet???
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 06:54
scorpius wrote:
Hi All,

Got an admit from Schulich, surprisingly without an interview :shock: . Received an email on Tuesday. Anyone else get an admit yet???


hi scorpius..
congrats.. i had my interview today.. they told me they will let me know in a week or two about their decision :I
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.63
WE: Design (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 07:14
Hi Arjun,

Wish you all the best buddy
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 07:24
Got admission to Schulich.. :-) I was interviewed on 16-Jan..

There're many documents attached in the email.
Saw one document named Awards.pdf - initially I thought it to be a scholarship award document but I saw it's a generic document of 32 pages outlining overall scholarship options..

They have not mentioned anything about scholarship..
Wondering when they will share the scholarship details..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 08:15
magiccapofnix wrote:
Got admission to Schulich.. :-) I was interviewed on 16-Jan..

There're many documents attached in the email.
Saw one document named Awards.pdf - initially I thought it to be a scholarship award document but I saw it's a generic document of 32 pages outlining overall scholarship options..

They have not mentioned anything about scholarship..
Wondering when they will share the scholarship details..



I think you can apply for Bursaries and you'll find out within a few days. I applied and got $2500 off tuition. Its not much, but something is better than nothing.
Re: Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2013, 08:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
12 Experts publish their posts in the topic Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students! Narenn 28 31 Dec 2013, 09:51
31 Experts publish their posts in the topic Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! VersatileSchulich 149 25 Apr 2013, 08:22
12 Queen's 2013 - Calling all applicants nikhilsrl 28 15 Sep 2012, 13:06
1 York University Schulich 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 47 07 Sep 2011, 05:17
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Schulich (York) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 98 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.