Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scoobee

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 674 [0], given: 781

Scoobee [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2004, 01:16
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Sorry about this guys. Scoobee really screwed things up here. :oops: We better have some official answers here.

thanks
Praetorian
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2004, 15:45
Hi people, I updated the verbal guidelines for this forum. Please limit your posts to a maximum of 10 at a time so as not to flood the forum. Obviously, most of the questions posted by scoobee will be unanswered and I have started and will continue to delete most of them. As much as I appreciate discussing good questions I seriously believe that this is not the way to promote a healthy learning environment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Paul

Best Regards,

Paul

SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2004, 16:11
Hi Paul,

I am not sure if it is good idea to delete the posts. Some of them are real teasers. But I cannot suggest a really good solution as well. I was really amazed by the flood. After Isabel and Jeanie this the next hurricane.

May be we should restrict the number of posts per 1 hour to some decent number using some privilages in the software. I dont know how scoobee is going to post answers.

Anand.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2004, 17:26
I felt that this flood of posts will be a management nightmare for both scoobee (to post the OA) and the participants (who wanted to visit periodically and check their answers and others responses). Restricting to 10 questions a day per forum makes sense.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2004, 19:43
Hi Paul,

It may not be a good idea to delete the posted ones. Most of the queries look fine. I think only the number of queries posted by the same guy may be an exasperating issue.

Just my opinion.

Paul wrote:
Hi people, I updated the verbal guidelines for this forum. Please limit your posts to a maximum of 10 at a time so as not to flood the forum. Obviously, most of the questions posted by scoobee will be unanswered and I have started and will continue to delete most of them. As much as I appreciate discussing good questions I seriously believe that this is not the way to promote a healthy learning environment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Paul

Awaiting response,

Thnx & Rgds,
Chandra

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2004, 19:57
Hi people, I did not actually "delete" the questions. I put them in the "unresolved" forum so we can still retrieve them after. I will perhaps release them on a progressive basis so as not to flood the forum and hinder interesting discussions. I still kept the most active posts from scoobe on.

Best Regards,

Paul

CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2004, 00:33
Agree with Paul. And no, scoobee told me that he/she is not going to post answers. the bottom line is he/she wanted to post 200 messages as quickly as possible to get access to the challenges. Hey, i dont mind anyone posting questions...but like this!

Anand, i asked paul to move the messages because it would be a nightmare to resolve the threads since we are not going to have any answers. hope you will understand.

Thanks Paul, you are a great help.

Praetorian
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Flooding [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2004, 11:59
As in the case of Scoobe here, often times when people post a question but not OA it is a problem. I am wondering why can't we not try to solve this problem through software?. My thoughts are as follows

create a field in the form used to post questions call it official answer, this field is required to be filled by the poster with an official answer. Here we could make execptions to people if the answer they don't have the OA as long as they type something there.

When a person posts a question, this field will be hidden from display.

After some time let's say 24 hours, there will be a post at the bottom displaying what ever written in this field.

I am sure we can expand on this idea. This way it will be easier on everybody.

Praveen

Praveen

CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2004, 12:07
I like the idea, can anyone help us out with the coding for this.

Praet
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2004, 19:06
I am not sure how the software works here.
But a general idea would be, set a flag on the field for the OA to off and note down the time stamp when the post is made. A batch job could be run to check if it is 'X' hrs after the post is made and turn it on, thus enabling everyone to see the OA.
Guess there would be more elegant solutions!!

Smith & Wesson, the best point and click interface

[#permalink] 15 Oct 2004, 19:06

Scoobee

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap