Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5416 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5416 [1]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Score estimation - and some general questions! :) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hani wrote:
Thank you Vercules for your reply!...

It's reasonable what you say...

And now I have just completed MGMAT's 5th CAT. I got 710: Q: 48, V: 39!

But again, I don't FEEL like I am making any improvement, even though my results are getting better from CAT to CAT!!! And I don't know whether I am really getting better, or I am having good luck!!!!

Scores don't tell me anything, as long as I don't FEEL that I am getting better!!!!!

So I repeat my question: can I consider MGMAT CATS good indicators? Do they really gauge one's progress and improvement?

I feel, especially in the verbal section, that I am better in catching what MGMAT want me to answer rather than picking the right answer because I am sure this is the right one!!! I don't know if you understand what I mean !!! It's as if I understood the question writers mind!!!!

And in contrast to the previous MGMAT CATS quantitive sections, the quantitive section in the CAT that I have just finished didn't feel difficult for me, though I didn't manage to get over 48!!!

I have one MGMAT CAT left, I will do it today... So that from tomorrow to the exam day I will solve and review only official material!!!

I feel a little bit LOST!!! Don't know where I stand, don't know if I am improving in verbal!!!

Hi Hani,

To answer your question yes your scores show improvement and you have improved, so do not get unnecessarily worried about this.

No test is a better indicator of your actual score than the GMATPrep. Even the actual GMAT has a leeway of plus/minus 20 points. Your scores are good, do not let stress of the test take over performance. If you find yourself stressed out, you can leave the last MGMAT test at this point of time. In the last two weeks of my prep I did not do any test other than GMATPrep.

Revise and review the incorrect questions and stick to official stuff (OG, GMATPrep ect). Do not attempt any new stuff or questions in the last two days. I would again say re-do and revise the incorrect questions and the topics which you consider are your improvement areas.

Hope that helps,

All the best,

Vercules
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Score estimation - and some general questions! :) [#permalink]