Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored 113!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Scored 113! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 09:24
Hi there! Wanted to share my experience with TOEFL exam, got scores today 113: R29 L30 S27 W 27
I know English pretty well, though I've never lived in english speaking country. I read most of the time in english, watch movies in original etc. First I downloaded sample test from ETS got everything right on reading and listening so I decided to schedule my exam right away. I had a week left so I prepared quite a bit:
    After registration for exam you'll be provided another sample test so please do it! pay attention to speaking and writing samples they provide
    I also watched notefull videos on youtube - they are great! check them out
    Wrote two essays just in case
    Practised speaking: figured out all the templates so that i knew what to talk about during those 30 seconds
    I prepared for 5 days, so that would be enough if you KNOW english.

My exam should have been in the morning but they recsheduled it for afternoon :evil:
Test center was quite nice - great computers but earphones are not soundproof so don't get distracted - concentrate!
Reading was ok, a little bit boring - got couple hard questions so i think that's why 29. my advice after you answer all q's go back to review page! PLEASE DO! one of my q's went unanswered - don't know how that happened so I quickly checked it.
Listening was quite interesting - it maybe weird but i really like listening! just took notes on longer conversations, so that i could concentrate.
Speaking was quite hard because of the time limits of course, be sure to speak after the beep, got a little carried away and didn't manage to finish one of q's in time so maybe that's 27
By the time writing rolled around i was exhausted - wanted already to finish! So just wrote what I could and didn't really worry about it, I think I wrote around 270 words on 1 essay and 370 on second. so if you want to score more there - write more!

So all in all, don't be afraid of toefl it's NOT verbal gmat. and please do it after gmat so your gmat preparation isn't hindered.
GOOD LUCK!!!! :-D
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 119

Kudos [?]: 558 [0], given: 114

Re: Scored 113! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 20:59
Re: Scored 113!   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2011, 20:59