Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 01:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored 460 on GMAT... Totally shattered !!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Scored 460 on GMAT... Totally shattered !! [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 23:00
Hey,

I got a 460 on Actual GMAT test :x
42M and 13V !!!! :( :(

I dont know what went wrong. I Scored a 580 on the first GMAT Prep and 640 on the 2nd prep.
Also i had given Kalpan diagnostic on which i got 630 and Manhattan diagnostic on which i got 610.

I was pretty sure i will get somewhere around 600.Can someone please tell what might have gone wrong ??

Also am planning to give the test again in October end. Please guide me. Really need some advice.

Thanks,
Sayali.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 82 [1] , given: 51

Re: Scored 460 on GMAT... Totally shattered !! [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 00:39
This post received
KUDOS
you dont have to be so disturbed. one of my friends got 490 in Jan '11 and then got 760 in July '11 after proper prep.
plan your prep carefully this time. seems verbal has hit you hard, so work with mgmat sc guide, aristotle sc grail and powerscore CR bible. try rc 99 and kaplan RC work book for reading comprehension.
then work with official guide and quant/verbal review , and gmatprep questions.

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Scored 460 on GMAT... Totally shattered !! [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 04:59
Thanks. After listening to this i feel much better.
But now i will have only 2 months in hand and with office i hardly get an hour daily and 6 hrs on weekends.
I had sutdied previously from MGMAT SC book. Will keep posting about my development.
Also will appreciate if you could tell more as to what strategies i should apply :)
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 6

Re: Scored 460 on GMAT... Totally shattered !! [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 07:36
Expert's post
How did you feel after the exam but before you got your score? Was it similar to how you felt after your diagnostics?

Make sure when you study--you visualize yourself as if you were actually sitting in for the real exam. This will help you psychologically prepare for exam day.

See more timing and psychology advice here.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 520 Q40 V21
GPA: 2.95
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Scored 460 on GMAT... Totally shattered !! [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 07:51
If you can spare some time at work, pickup a scientific journal, Newsweek magazine, Time magazine or any newspaper and read. Look to improve your comprehension skills by paying close attention to the main argument and counter-arguments. This may help additionally by improving your attention to grammar and sentence structure.

Good luck! I sort of wish I was in your situation :P My quantitative skills are highly lacking.
Re: Scored 460 on GMAT... Totally shattered !!   [#permalink] 17 Aug 2011, 07:51