Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored 460 on GMATPrep - Need Study Advice!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Scored 460 on GMATPrep - Need Study Advice! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2014, 16:08
Hi everyone!

Its been two months since I've started studying for the GMAT and I've been using the Manhattam GMAT books as well as the OG13 giant review book. My plan was to spend the first month going through the MGMAT math books, second month doing MGMAT verbal, then third month polishing up everything by reviewing the OG13 problem sets. I gave myself three months and already booked my test date for May 29th!

So far I've followed my plan and spent the first month studying math and the second month studying verbal. I am a native English speaker, so I didn't spend too much time on verbal since I felt like I would do find on it. However, I did go through the basics to refresh anything needed for verbal though. The Manhattan set was great and helped me remember what I've learned years ago and I have no issues applying it once I recognize the problem. I thought this was good enough to get me to at least 500 on the prep test, but I was wrong.

After two months of studying and spending a week finishing up the OG13 problem sets along with data sufficiency problems, I decided to take the GMATPrep to see where I was. To my surprise, I only received a score of 460 (Q27, V28) which is rather disappointing to me. I want to score at least 580-600 if possible! Since my test date is on the 29th of this month (24 days away), I am feeling more stressed for time and I don't know where to start to increase my score by at least 100 points by the 29th.

I can see that I am both weak in quant and verbal, but I am confident I will be able to work on this and move from there. So far I plan on re-doing both the math and verbal questions in the OG13 review and re-taking the GMATPrep test on Sunday to see where I stand. I know the basics and I can apply them as soon as I recognize it and solve the problem. I wanted to ask the board to see if anyone else has been in my shoes and had any recommendations on where to go from here to score at least a 580? I know I probably should have taken a mock test earlier to assess my current status, but that's my fault.

In addition to everything, I run my own business, so I work 12-16 hours a day! Its hard finding solid time to put into my books, but I do split up my time and get around 3-4 hours a day to study. On weekends, I try to grind out 6-8 hours to make up for any lost time. If anyone thinks I need more time to grind, then I'll gladly sacrifice my work hours to achieve my goal.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Scored 460 on GMATPrep - Need Study Advice!   [#permalink] 05 May 2014, 16:08