Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 01:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored 620 today after 2.5 mo of intensive studying! Ahhhh!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Scored 620 today after 2.5 mo of intensive studying! Ahhhh! [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2004, 18:24
I took the gmat today and scored 620 (Quant 44 - 73% Verbal 33 - 63%.) I feel really stupid, given that i studied intensively for the past 2.5 months. I had a bad experience at the test center today. I had to leave the room and look for staff to ask for additional sratch paper (happened twice.) Also, it was extremely hot in the test center. I'm surprised I scored so poorly because I actually scored 690 on Kaplan's online diagnostic test.

I'm tapped out of quant resources. I used the following resources: Kaplan, Kaplan verbal book, PR (only for quant and 1 practice test.) Do you have any suggestions for additional quant materials? I'm a new member and I plan on doing the club's challenge questions to prepare for my next test. I'm not sure where I can access additional quant materials. My problem areas are word problems and data sufficiency (particulatly %, work and rate)

I also plan on using PR's veral section (how is PR verbal? I heard that PR is easy compared to the actual test.) Are LSAT Kaplan and PR books worthwhile for CR and RC questions? I'm weak on CR and RC.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. This is so discouraging. I felt well prepared for the test but found the test to be extremely hard today. Funny thing is that I found verbal to be easy and was surprised when I scored 62%.

Thanks for this wonderful site!!!![/list]
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2004, 09:35
The same here. I failed miserbaly in my GMAT yday.(510).
The worst part is that I thought I did well in verbal but was shocked to see my score. :(
Itz a wake up call for me and will work on it.

For the quant, I had studied from OG and Princeton Math verbal workout.
Also, I tried to work on problems from the below mentioned site.The site has questions subject wise and helps you gauge ur confidence level.

http://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mba/iim/cat/questionbank/questionbank.shtml

Do let me know if u find more quant material.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2004, 09:09
Thanks, I forgot to mention that I also used OG. Thanks for the great quant website. I'll let you know if I find any other useful materials.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 658 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2004, 11:08
Dear song

For RC/CR , you should consider reviewing the official LSAT prep tests material. We discuss a lot of material from the LSAT. You can go over the CR discussed for the past one month. I am sure you will learn a lot of good ways to tackle CR. For RC too, LSAT is a good resource.

When you study LSAT CR, make sure you skip the logic based questions as they are not on the GMAT.

For quant resources, yeah, you can take the challenges. but more importantly, you should consider making a note of your errors and study those every day.

good luck
praetorian
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2004, 18:59
Thanks Newkid for that great website. Strangely enough, I'm weak on problems that are generally considered "easier" such as %, work, rate and profit problems. I like how this site groups the questions by category.

Thanks Praetorian for your suggestions. I'll definitely start using LSAT materials. My RC and CR scores are so erratic on practice exams. Sometimes I do well, getting almost everything right, and sometimes I get half the questions wrong. It might be due to my nerves.

To tell the truth, I'm also afraid of overstudying. After a certain point, at least for me, studying more can be counterproductive. When I compare studying time with my friends (who received over 700 score), I've already studied twice as much as others (2.5 grueling months.) They typically studied about a month or month and half. I won't study like crazy like the past 2.5 months, but take Praetorian's advice and focus on my weak points and keep a log.

Thanks for all these useful suggestions and this great site to vent all my worries and frustrations about this test!!!
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 658 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2004, 19:26
song wrote:
Thanks Newkid for that great website. Strangely enough, I'm weak on problems that are generally considered "easier" such as %, work, rate and profit problems. I like how this site groups the questions by category.

Thanks Praetorian for your suggestions. I'll definitely start using LSAT materials. My RC and CR scores are so erratic on practice exams. Sometimes I do well, getting almost everything right, and sometimes I get half the questions wrong. It might be due to my nerves.

To tell the truth, I'm also afraid of overstudying. After a certain point, at least for me, studying more can be counterproductive. When I compare studying time with my friends (who received over 700 score), I've already studied twice as much as others (2.5 grueling months.) They typically studied about a month or month and half. I won't study like crazy like the past 2.5 months, but take Praetorian's advice and focus on my weak points and keep a log.

song, that is so true. not keeping track of where our prep is headed and just keeping on practising with questions is not good at all. keeping track of your progress is very important.

Quote:
Thanks for all these useful suggestions and this great site to vent all my worries and frustrations about this test!!!

you are welcome.

Praetorian
  [#permalink] 09 Aug 2004, 19:26