Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 12:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

scored 650 (Q39/V41)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

scored 650 (Q39/V41) [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2003, 18:08
Took the exam yesterday...here's my breakdown:

Q: 39 (57th perc.)
V: 41 (94th perc.)
Total: 650 (85th perc.)

Essays are easy, as long as you have templates. Solid mental warm-up for the actual test.
Quant- knew I had bombed it because I was getting very easy questions towards the end. Had no time issues though.
Verbal- Took a while on the first 15 so I had to rush towards the end. Actually got 5 RC passages, including one right near the end..that was a pain.
Overall, I wouldn't say the exam as a whole was mentally taxing or super stressful.

In terms of preparation, I did very little. Took no practice exams. Only book I read was PR's Cracking the GMAT. Bought the OG but never opened it. I probably studied a total of 10-15 hours, mostly in the week before the exam.

However, I plan on studying quant and the OG heavily and will take the exam again next month. In terms of schools, I am looking at tier two state schools.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

huh [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2003, 16:15
Damn dude, no a bad start for not preparing for the exam... Looks like a 700 can be in your cards after a couple of weeks of studying.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2004, 06:36
Do you recommend not taking practice tests.
Intern
Intern

Re: Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2004, 06:51
wiseguy wrote:
Do you recommend not taking practice tests.

Actually I do recommend taking practice tests...maybe if I had, I wouldn't have done so poorly in quant. I'm taking the exam again in 3 weeks.

FYI, for anyone worried about AWA- just follow PR's Template advice. I spent about 10 min reviewing this template advice the night before the game, and scored a 5.5. You don't need to be a good writer if you follow the template.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2004, 06:58
Congrats tony, awesome score for a first timer and the amount of time you put in. You are absolutely right about the template thing for the essay. I myself memorized the PR template and will use that for the AWA. Did not spend too much time on that either. Keep us posted for your second exam

Best Regards,

Paul

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2004, 07:59
I am worried about AWA.
:x Can you tell me more about PR's templates....I don't have that book, so I think that your advice might be usefull for people who don't have the book.
I read Kaplan's AWA guide. It would be interesting to compare those two approaches.
Thank you in advance :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 12

Re: scored 650 (Q39/V41) [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 18:19
I agree AWA is pretty easy if you have a template. I got a 5.5 and I only practiced 5-6 essays.
I'm worried about the practice exams...since most of them are not adaptive you don't really give the actual feeling of the real exam to me.
I have heard that MGMAT comes close for practicing. If I don't do well this time around I will be looking into MGMAT material.
Re: scored 650 (Q39/V41)   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2012, 18:19