Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 00:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored 660 ( 47 ,35) .. Need advice from Friends

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Scored 660 ( 47 ,35) .. Need advice from Friends [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 07:36
Dear Friends

Took my GMAT today. Scored a dissapointing 660 despite , working extremely hard during the prep for 2 months. The reason for my royal messup was lack of sleep and stress. Although I had a morning test today morning, I spent yesterdays day studying without a break , and started a test at 7pm last night . Got 760 then. I think that was my biggest mistake, as anxiety got the better of me, and I didnt get proper sleep for an entire night after I completed the test. Got up at 3.30 AM , and since then I was just praying that I can catch some sleep before the test so that I can reach fresh but that didnt happen.

In my prep I scored 720, 710 in both GMAT Preps , and 720,760 in Powerprep . In Princeton Diagnostic prep scores were also between 680 and 720 in all 4 tests. It was only in Kaplan that I scored 670 in the diagnostic and 690 and 610 in the first and second test. In ARCO got 710. For initial prep solved OG10, and 11 , and 250 SC from SC 1000, used Princeton Verbal Workout and Kaplan for the preparation. Also joined Score top membership in Feb , but couldnt use it much as was extremely busy at work

Quant had a lot of questions on set theory , and faced three questions in probability . Lots of questions were extremely confusing and tricky, as equations had two variables but still answer was possible to be decuded from one equation itself. I think I spent too much of time on the initial questions and had almost 12 questions to do in the last 4 minutes. I think I messed up here badly, and randomly guessed for the last 6-7 questions. Few tricky questions on absolute value

BTW , I had a 10 minute break after the Quant and the AWA rather than the 5 minute break in the preps. That was a relief. After the royal messup in quant I felt I should quit the test , but decided that it would be better to know where I stand .

Verbal started of very well. Got a boldfaced question as the 11th question , after 1 RC ( questions -4) , 4 SC, and 1 CR . Thought I was doing well.. Here too when I was in the 29th question got a tough RC. Had 15 minutes then to complete 11 questions. Reading the long RC took me around 6 minutes , while answering its 4 questions took another 3 minutes. Leaving me with few minutes to answer last 6 questions. Here again I had to guess as few were CRS.

I think timing got the better of me today. Planning to take the test again in June. This time Ill solve all the GMAT Sets. That was all that I had not touched.

Need your advice. Feel exhausted and extremely sad, after having worked hard. Your advice on how I can improve my timing will really help

Regards
bhatiag

Last edited by bhatiagp on 02 Jul 2008, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Scored 660 ( 47 ,35) .. Need advice from Friends [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 16:21
Take multiple mock tests. More practice and memorize shortcuts. A lot of studying, unfortunately, is the best way to improve speed.
Re: Scored 660 ( 47 ,35) .. Need advice from Friends   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2008, 16:21