Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored 700, but low quant...take it again?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Scored 700, but low quant...take it again? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 14:24
Hi,

I scored a 700, but my quant was only a 44, and the verbal a 41. I know the quant score is low for me, but should I take the test again?

I am applying to top 15 schools for the January rounds. I have completed Columbia and Duke's applications already, but do you think it would be wise for me to take the test again within the next few weeks? I know the top schools prefer the 80%-80% breakdown, and currently I am at 70%-90%. Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Scored 700, but low quant...take it again? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 13:07
Also, I was a Business Major at the University of Maryland's Smith School of Business, with A's in all math, statistics, finance, and accounting courses.

I also work for a large international stock exchange company.
Intern
Intern

Re: Scored 700, but low quant...take it again? [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 12:19
Take it again. I had your exact score the first time I took it and knew my Math was really low because I hurried through it and had a lot of leftover time (I also had consistently scored in the mid to high 40's on practices). On the retake I got a 50 on the Q (I don't recommend to 3 point drop in the V but the 720 is better than the 700 anyway). The Q is generally the part that "can't be too low". I spent less than 10 hours studying between takes. Spend a couple of hours reviewing over a couple of weeknights, maybe take one practice if you have any left, and do it again.

720 is the new 700. You're capable so just do it.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Scored 700, but low quant...take it again? [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 15:35
Expert's post
zmaggin, what did you end up doing? Apologies for not responding sooner.

Best,
Brian

Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php