I have given my GMAT recently and got a score of 770. I have a work experience of 2 years till now and it would be 3 by next fall. I have graduated from IIT Kharagpur . Can you help me with selecting a good B-school.
Also, my GPA is very bad(66%,~ 2.9-3.0/4.0) in my BTech. Will this matter a lot? Can you suggest few B Schools for which it wont matter much.
Also, I have been involved in sports and extra curricular activities, in case that helps
1. Are you sure 66% translates to 2.9 - 3.0 ? Or are you just assuming it ? Try this http://www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp
It is a GPA calculator that takes all the info presented in your semester wise transcripts (let it me in percentages or in CGPA 10 grade system) and gives you a 4.0 GPA quivalent required for most american universities. It by no means is the ideal way to gauge your actual GPA ( every university use their own system to convert your GPA's, Some wont even bother to convert your GPA and some other schools might just rely on WES for an conversion). I actually have a 63.94% from JNTU and when I took time and calculated using WES , it was 3.49 / 4.00 GPA for me (I tried it multiple times to ensure i did not make any mistake in inputting the data). So you may finally have a good idea of where you stand in terms of GPA. Moreover you are graduated from a Top 7 institution in India and that matters a lot to the adcom. Let me know your GPA, when you actually try out the WES thing.
2. I wonder why is that all IITians score more than 760 in GMAT. Is it something in their veins ? hmmm, Could you enlighten me on a few things regarding the prep ?
- How many days/ weeks you actually prepared and what is the total effort you put in number of hours ( an approximate figure)
- What are the material you most relied on ? or did you join any institute ?
- Any special strategies for SC ?