Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored a 480 on first practice test.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Scored a 480 on first practice test. [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2007, 16:01
I recently decided to go part time in my job to focus on the GMAT (30 hours per week) and will focus on trying to get a better score. I am only looking for an above average score, but am a bit frustrated. I am taking the Veritas class in Palo Alto. Is that pretty bad for my first practice exam? I am going to work hard over the next three months to improve my score, but do you guys think it is doable to at least improve by say 100 points or so?

Please provide some advice!

Thanks!
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2007, 17:21
Wait...do you mean you are working 30 hours a week, or planning to spend 30 hours a week prepping for the GMAT? If it's the latter, I would strongly advise against that. Major burnout!!

When does your class start? Be sure to talk to your instructor about getting extra help if you're feeling lost.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2007, 17:30
Working 30 hours a week is what I would be doing...you think I can vastly improve my score? My fundamentals aren't all that great.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2007, 17:36
helpmeongmat wrote:
Working 30 hours a week is what I would be doing...you think I can vastly improve my score? My fundamentals aren't all that great.

if your fundamentals are not great that means you have a lot of room for improvement!!

so that is a good thing..
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2007, 17:38
thanks cookie monster...i have about three months, so there is time to improve! you think 3 months is a good amount of time to study?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2007, 04:30
I would work on your fundamentals as much as you can before your class starts. Otherwise you're going to drag the class down (you'll be behind your peers, unless Veritas groups students by ability, like Princeton Review does), or just not get as much out of it.

I would get some good verbal and math workbooks, either the OG ones or Princeton Review ones, or even both if you need the extra practice. The PR ones have strategy as well, but I don't know about the OG ones. I don't think so.

3 months is doable if you're really diligent! Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2007, 08:28
Definitely work on your fundamentals. I don't know if English is your second language, but I know a lot of people who didn't get a good score because of that. If that's so, I'd suggest brushing up on some more basic Verbal skills. Good luck!
  [#permalink] 12 Mar 2007, 08:28