Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored a 610. Need advice.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Scored a 610. Need advice. [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 23:57
Hi experts,

I just gave my GMAT two days back and scored a terrible 610 (Q 44/ V29). Throughout the exam I felt I was pressed for time. My time management was so poor that I panicked and started making random guesses towards the end of the exam. I knew I would struggle with the timing as I had been on the practice tests but didnt know it would be this bad. I had been scoring in the 640 – 660 range in the MGMAT tests. I socred a 660 on GMAT PREP 1 and a 600 on GMAT PREP 2. On the actual thing I think I took a lot of time on two SC's in the beginning of the exam (I guess I was being over cautious) and a CR which really set me back.

At home I had been practicing under the clock and was doing pretty ok but I guess I panick on a timed test.

The thing is I am ready to give the GMAT another shot..because I know I can get a 700+. I wanted to ask you what change in stratergies should I adopt? I clearly have a major time management issue. My verbal scores have been inconsistent and I want to take my Quant score from 44 to 49-50 (I have been scoring 43-44 consistently in quant in all the tests).

Also since I have finished all my MGMATS and GMAT PREP, I am worried as to what mock exams should I give, because I think that although I can reset the tests, I would get repeats and I would probably get an inflated score. This would give me a false confidence which I so dont need right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Negative
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Jones '15 (I)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Scored a 610. Need advice. [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 00:55
When you gave the mock tests did u frequently pause the tests and did u guess on them too or was the test day experience an isolated one??

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Scored a 610. Need advice. [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 01:45
I gave the mock tests under timed conditions and with the AWAs.Yes its true that i was guessing on a few questions in the mocks as well. However, most of the questions on which i guessed, i got them wrong.
Re: Scored a 610. Need advice.   [#permalink] 24 May 2012, 01:45