Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 05:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Scored pathetic on first GMAT attempt, need advise!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Scored pathetic on first GMAT attempt, need advise!! [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2014, 07:49
Hello All,

I am a Telecom and networking Analyst, Graduated in 2011 and GPA is 2.00 :oops: . Currently, I am working at the one of the Best Global Telecom MNC since 3 years.

I don't know what to write and how to write next, I am still baffled that what must have gone wrong to get so low on GMAT(400-Q/V). The fact is that I took my GMAT exam recently after preparing(so called preparation,I guess and that too self studies!! :roll: for 2 months. But, the score which I received are pathetic as mentioned below:-

GMAT Score:- 400(Q-28/V-18)

Prior taking the Final exam, I also took few mock tests, scores of which are follows:-

GMAT Prep 1- 520(Q-43/V-20)
GMAT Prep 2- 590(Q-40/V-31)
Veritas Prep- 620(Q-50/V-25)

The study material used during my tenure for preparation was :-

1. All Manhattan strategies guides, 4th editions
2. Official Guides 13th edition.
3. GMAT prep software.

I tried to cover as many questions as I can in OG 13 and few from blogs.

Please suggest what should I do now? :?
How can I start again? Shall I join some coaching institute? :roll:

Thanks!!
Slacker
"Stay hungry..Stay foolish!!"
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 09-27-2014
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 16

Re: Scored pathetic on first GMAT attempt, need advise!! [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2014, 00:06
My suggestion is to focus on the quality of preparation rather than quantity. Take more time to understand different approaches and reasoning to a type of problem rather than many questions of a similar type. Error log and reviewing are crucial to customise your prep as only that would tell you where to focus and tune up your skills. Take a number of full length tests to build up your stamina as this matters quite a bit.
Re: Scored pathetic on first GMAT attempt, need advise!!   [#permalink] 28 Aug 2014, 00:06