Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 34
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.68
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: SDA Bocconi Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
flavio999 wrote:
Hey guys

I have to make a decision between SDA Bocconi and University of Edinburgh in combination with an Exchange at one of the Top US-Business Schools.
I struggle with myself in making this decision. I have no doubt that Bocconi is definitely the better and more valuable MBA programme. On the other side I consider the opportunity to have an exchange at an US-Business School also as valuable and quite appealing. I know Bocconi has also an Exchange Semester as an option, but as only 25% per course get this chance... i think I have to be realistic.

I am really thinking about whether the combination of Edinburgh and an exchange at an US Business Schools will have the same effect/impact as the pure MBA from Bocconi without an exchange.

My aim is to switch into a consulting role (strategy/finance) in London or even to go back to Germany. In the mid-term, I would like to move to the US.

Maybe you guys have some additional points that can help to make a reasonable decision that would best support my plans in the long term.

Thanks already in advance!

Hi Flavio-

I'm an American living in New York. If New York is your destination, then Bocconi might be more helpful than the University of Edinburgh. There is an active alumni association in the city and the school is well regarded among the expat community. Americans with more international interest have a good chance of knowing Bocconi as well, but generally speaking we're not aware of international schools beyond Oxford and Cambridge.

If your interest is London, it's also my understanding that there are many Bocconiani there as well. Although I haven't lived there, I believe it's the largest congregation of graduates outside of Italy.

As far as doing an exchange program, 25% doesn't seem to be that bad. Most students are not going to be interested in a study abroad program. Also, generally speaking, policies in Itay are not as rigid as they are in the US, UK, or Germany, so you can expect flexibility if there are specified limitations (which I'm not familiar with).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 34
Thank you guys. Really appreciate that!
Your feedback is really helpful and supported me actually in my personal opinion.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GRE 1: Q158 V158
WE:Management Consulting (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hello All,

I am invited for an Interview by SDA, the interview is scheduled for 15th of June & would be executed with adcom officer.
Although I already skimmed through the last minute interview tips, still any valuable input would be highly appreciated.

Here is the brief of my profile :

Computer Science Engineering graduate from India, with 3+ years of multifarious experience in HR, Real Estate Business Development and Entrepreneurship.
CGPA : 8.6, various accolades and honor from the graduation university. GRE :316 TOEFL :111.
Post MBA goal : Short term : To analyze and understand the global consulting industry. Long Term : To work and start my own consulting firm, probably catering to IT industry.

Do let me know if there is anything in my application that concerns you.
Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

I received my offer of admission from SDA Bocconi on 19th June.
I need to take a decision and pay my first installment by 26th June (coming Friday) and I would like to clarify some queries before I make the payment.

My only concern is the employ-ability of Indian students in Italy and Europe post the MBA at SDA Bocconi.
In fact I was questioned along that line during my personal interview in the admission process.

If someone in the group have contact with current students or recent alumni, could you please connect me with them.

If I could get the below mentioned details regarding the class of 2014 (completed course in Nov 2014), I could make an informed decision on accepting the offer.
1) No of Indian students who attended the program
2) No of Indian students who got employment offer by the end of the program
3) No of Indian students who got employment offer within three months of program completion
4) Post MBA Jobs split ups (No of students)--
a) Industry wise
b) Location wise
c) Function wise

Hi Sunil,
I have PMed you my contact details.
Could you please add me to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group created for all accepted candidates.

Thanks and Regards,
Aravind
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1yrofchange wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I received my offer of admission from SDA Bocconi on 19th June.
I need to take a decision and pay my first installment by 26th June (coming Friday) and I would like to clarify some queries before I make the payment.

My only concern is the employ-ability of Indian students in Italy and Europe post the MBA at SDA Bocconi.
In fact I was questioned along that line during my personal interview in the admission process.

If someone in the group have contact with current students or recent alumni, could you please connect me with them.

If I could get the below mentioned details regarding the class of 2014 (completed course in Nov 2014), I could make an informed decision on accepting the offer.
1) No of Indian students who attended the program
2) No of Indian students who got employment offer by the end of the program
3) No of Indian students who got employment offer within three months of program completion
4) Post MBA Jobs split ups (No of students)--
a) Industry wise
b) Location wise
c) Function wise

Hi Sunil,
I have PMed you my contact details.
Could you please add me to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group created for all accepted candidates.

Thanks and Regards,
Aravind

Hi Aravind,

Congratulations for the admit, what I have learnt from various alumni was if you learn Italian and looking to work within Italy, Job would not be any issue.
Also, could you please share your profile details so that I can comtemplate on my admission chances.
When was your interview held ?
How were the questions like ?
How many days did they took for the decision ?

Thanks, hope to see you at SDA Bocconi
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Bookmarks
sanidhya1990 wrote:
Hi Aravind,

Congratulations for the admit, what I have learnt from various alumni was if you learn Italian and looking to work within Italy, Job would not be any issue.
Also, could you please share your profile details so that I can comtemplate on my admission chances.

Hi Sanidhya,

Thanks a lot for your wishes!
I too received similar response regarding the job scenario and the Italian language. So learning Italian (to whatever level possible) is the first priority now for me!

Now to answer your queries...
Profile: BE Automobile (MIT, Anna Univ) | 6+ yrs in IT Services with 6 months of int'l exp | GMAT -- 650

When was your interview held ? 2nd June

I was interviewed by Prof. Mikkel Draebye. Lasted for around 25 min. He had already read the essays and resume.
Had few questions regarding my nature of work and the strategy followed by my organization to win customers across the globe.
Why MBA now? Did I try other options to achieve my goal?

He then started to question regarding my knowledge on the current economic situation and job market in Europe, esp. Italy.
Felt kind of caught in it as he questioned on any answer I gave.

Did I research on the difficulties Indians face to place a job in Italy/Europe?
Again felt lost. I guessed he was referring to the language barrier and said I am ready to learn the language even before I join the program.
Guess he was convinced with that !
He then asked if I had any questions. Said the admissions team would contact me soon with the results.

Received the admission decision on 19th June

Please feel free to PM if you have any other specific questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Aravind
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1yrofchange wrote:
sanidhya1990 wrote:
Hi Aravind,

Hi Sanidhya,

Thanks a lot for your wishes!
I too received similar response regarding the job scenario and the Italian language. So learning Italian (to whatever level possible) is the first priority now for me!

Now to answer your queries...
Profile: BE Automobile (MIT, Anna Univ) | 6+ yrs in IT Services with 6 months of int'l exp | GMAT -- 650

When was your interview held ? 2nd June

I was interviewed by Prof. Mikkel Draebye. Lasted for around 25 min. He had already read the essays and resume.
Had few questions regarding my nature of work and the strategy followed by my organization to win customers across the globe.
Why MBA now? Did I try other options to achieve my goal?

He then started to question regarding my knowledge on the current economic situation and job market in Europe, esp. Italy.
Felt kind of caught in it as he questioned on any answer I gave.

Did I research on the difficulties Indians face to place a job in Italy/Europe?
Again felt lost. I guessed he was referring to the language barrier and said I am ready to learn the language even before I join the program.
Guess he was convinced with that !
He then asked if I had any questions. Said the admissions team would contact me soon with the results.

Received the admission decision on 19th June

Please feel free to PM if you have any other specific questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Aravind

Great, I was interviewed on 15th by Cristina Nespoli, still waiting for my results.
Anyways, I have to decide between USC Marshall and SDA bocconi, from my research and alumni connections, I believe that American B-schools have better prospects of Consulting Jobs which I am targeting post MBA.
I am not sure about the moderate job scenario of Europe, whereas there are plethora of such jobs available in USA. Lets see how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

i got the interview on 16th of jun but no answer yet...i've got place reservation at IE IMBA for september 2015 until 20 of july

Does anyone know if sda has filled the class? There is waiting list? I've waited more than 3 week for final decision , i think it is too much in order to hope in a positive decision...

thks and congrats to all admitted students

s
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone ,

I myself got interviewed on 7th of July So Stepis I think we should wait , coz it seems interview its still going on as the last mail i received from SDA was that there in the final phase of the composition of the class and if I am getting interviewed on 7th July then it seems we cant say that they have finalized the class. I am myself is crossing my fingers for the same as I have not applied to any other B school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone

something more about my profile.

i'm italian , engineering background with 4,5 years in consulting (2,5 IT and 2 in Strategy consulting) Gmat 680,got the interview on 16th of june.

I saw on FB that there is a group called sda 41 mba and it already has ca. 130 members (ca-90 without alumni) so i'm almost skeptical about still-opening position.

In any case i could be wrong :)... does anyone apply for scholarship???

thx
stefano
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello Stefano ,

If that would be the case then why they have interviewed me. I don't know I am also worried as I have not even applied to any other college. Lets hope for the best , I just wanted to confirm if you dont get through atleast they reply right ???

Tnx
Rahul
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello David ,

I just wanted to know what is the average time SDA bocconi takes to reply after interview. I have been interviewed on 7th July so when can i expect a reply from them.

Thnx
Rahul
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Sunil,

Hope you are doing fine , I wanted to know how can i get in touch with you. as I have also got an admit from the SDA bocconi school of management for 2015-16 edition. your help is required kindly get in touch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
stepis wrote:
Hi everyone

I saw on FB that there is a group called sda 41 mba and it already has ca. 130 members (ca-90 without alumni) so i'm almost skeptical about still-opening position.

stefano

your requisites are perfectly in line with SDA Bocconi class... I don't see why you shouldn't be admitted...
just take into account that the MBA 41 FB group has among its guests former MBA40s and SDA Bocconi staff... :wink:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [0]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Bocconi Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Bocconi Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Bocconi Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Bocconi Forum to dive into all things related to Bocconi's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts