Search using multiple tags : Suggestions - Announcements - Support
Check GMAT Club App Tracker for the Latest School Decision Releases http://gmatclub.com/AppTrack

It is currently 09 Dec 2016, 08:44
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Search using multiple tags

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 299
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 7

Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2011, 12:33
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me how to search using multiple tags. For instance I want to do 700 level fractions,decimals,percents questions. But I can only search for 700 level questions or fractions questions (which includes all levels). What should I do?

Thanks you!
_________________

If you like my post, consider giving me KUDOS!

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: AS - Gold, HH-Diamond
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 14241
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3654

Kudos [?]: 22437 [0], given: 4450

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2011, 13:35
You should use the button called "Find Similar Topics"
That button will give you a list of ALL topics that fall under all of the tags you are looking for.

For example, if you find a 700 level, MGMAT, Word Problem, click that button and it will show you all questions that fall under all of those 3 tags, then 2 of them, and then finally at least one of them.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

US News Rankings progression - last 10 years in a snapshot - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Location: Russian Federation
GMAT 1: 530 Q46 V19
GPA: 3.45
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 20

CAT Tests
Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 04:05
bb wrote:
You should use the button called "Find Similar Topics"
That button will give you a list of ALL topics that fall under all of the tags you are looking for.

For example, if you find a 700 level, MGMAT, Word Problem, click that button and it will show you all questions that fall under all of those 3 tags, then 2 of them, and then finally at least one of them.


Where can I find the button called "Find Similar Topics"?
I can get here viewforumtags.php , but where should I go next?
I want to search, for example remainders, 600 questions DS only.

Thank you
_________________

Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: AS - Gold, HH-Diamond
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 14241
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3654

Kudos [?]: 22437 [0], given: 4450

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 09:28
AndreiGMAT wrote:
bb wrote:
You should use the button called "Find Similar Topics"
That button will give you a list of ALL topics that fall under all of the tags you are looking for.

For example, if you find a 700 level, MGMAT, Word Problem, click that button and it will show you all questions that fall under all of those 3 tags, then 2 of them, and then finally at least one of them.


Where can I find the button called "Find Similar Topics"?
I can get here viewforumtags.php , but where should I go next?
I want to search, for example remainders, 600 questions DS only.

Thank you



Can you see it here? On any first post in the Forums that have Tags - PS, DS, CR, SC, RC
Attachments

2016-07-20_1026.png
2016-07-20_1026.png [ 144.88 KiB | Viewed 489 times ]


_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

US News Rankings progression - last 10 years in a snapshot - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Location: Russian Federation
GMAT 1: 530 Q46 V19
GPA: 3.45
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 20

CAT Tests
Re: Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 14:09
Thanks, bb, I found the tab. But still cannot figure out how to filter the search results.
The steps I use were not of an avail. To find sub-600 level, inequalities questions I did the following:

1. Find one of the questions with desired tags (sub-600 level, inequalities)
2. Click "Find Similar Topics"
I end up with 700-level, geometry questions. These are not what I look for.

What did I do wrong?
Attachments

Question.jpg
Question.jpg [ 186.71 KiB | Viewed 465 times ]


_________________

Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: AS - Gold, HH-Diamond
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 14241
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3654

Kudos [?]: 22437 [0], given: 4450

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 14:20
OK. I misunderstood your intention. I see the issue - Similar Topics searches by the immediate tags for content, source, and difficulty, and then expands into additional posts that match at least 1 tag.

If you want to search for specific tags, that's easy - go to the Search

The 2011 discussion is not accurate any more and since then search has been significantly improved, esp with tags.
Here is a link to the Sub-600 inequalities

To find others, go to search and then scroll down to the bottom and click on one of the forum names (PS, DS) and you will get a pop up with all the possible tags. Then click OK. You can also click a tag in the forum (e.g. Inequalities and it will show you all of the topics with that tag, but this is less precise)
Attachments

2016-07-20_1517.png
2016-07-20_1517.png [ 130.21 KiB | Viewed 458 times ]


_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

US News Rankings progression - last 10 years in a snapshot - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings


Last edited by bb on 20 Jul 2016, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Update
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: AS - Gold, HH-Diamond
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 14241
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3654

Kudos [?]: 22437 [0], given: 4450

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 14:27
Alternatively you can also use these directories that have been created to avoid the complexity of using tags/search/etc.

Forum Question Directories:


P.S. The difficutly tag is dynamic and is updated automatically based on the question's stats and performance in the GMAT Club forum, so the difficulty levels are fairly accurate within 1/3, 2/3/ and top 3rd difficulty :-)
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

US News Rankings progression - last 10 years in a snapshot - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Jun 2014
Posts: 458
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 154 [2] , given: 91

Premium Member CAT Tests
Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2016, 02:02
2
This post received
KUDOS
BB, I know what AndreiGMAT and gijoedude are looking for EXACTLY. so AndreiGMAT, gijoedude here is this beautiful place exclusively on gmatclub only: http://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags
_________________

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
helpful post means press '+1' for Kudos!
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: AS - Gold, HH-Diamond
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 14241
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3654

Kudos [?]: 22437 [0], given: 4450

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2016, 15:10
HKD1710 wrote:
BB, I know what AndreiGMAT and gijoedude are looking for EXACTLY. so AndreiGMAT, gijoedude here is this beautiful place exclusively on gmatclub only: http://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags



Thank you. I am embarrassed to admit I forgot we built that page :oops:
The tag search complexity was exactly the reason we created that version of the seearch. Thank you HKD1710!
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

US News Rankings progression - last 10 years in a snapshot - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 23:06
bb wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
BB, I know what AndreiGMAT and gijoedude are looking for EXACTLY. so AndreiGMAT, gijoedude here is this beautiful place exclusively on gmatclub only: http://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags



Thank you. I am embarrassed to admit I forgot we built that page :oops:
The tag search complexity was exactly the reason we created that version of the seearch. Thank you HKD1710!


Hi can we search in gmatclub using AND and OR formulas. That is - I want to isolate questions only from either of a bunch of 5-6 sources and choosing from a couple of difficulty levels. Additionally I might want to have a bunch of question types in the fifiltered results too. On certain websites like Linkedin this can be achieved with a query such as: ("700-Level" OR "600-Level") AND ("Aristotle" OR "LSAT" OR "Kaplan") AND ("CR" OR "SC" OR "RC")

This would make forum search truly powerful
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: AS - Gold, HH-Diamond
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 14241
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3654

Kudos [?]: 22437 [0], given: 4450

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Search using multiple tags [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2016, 21:20
sanghar wrote:
bb wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
BB, I know what AndreiGMAT and gijoedude are looking for EXACTLY. so AndreiGMAT, gijoedude here is this beautiful place exclusively on gmatclub only: http://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags



Thank you. I am embarrassed to admit I forgot we built that page :oops:
The tag search complexity was exactly the reason we created that version of the seearch. Thank you HKD1710!


Hi can we search in gmatclub using AND and OR formulas. That is - I want to isolate questions only from either of a bunch of 5-6 sources and choosing from a couple of difficulty levels. Additionally I might want to have a bunch of question types in the fifiltered results too. On certain websites like Linkedin this can be achieved with a query such as: ("700-Level" OR "600-Level") AND ("Aristotle" OR "LSAT" OR "Kaplan") AND ("CR" OR "SC" OR "RC")

This would make forum search truly powerful


No, this is not possible but you can run 3-4 searches independently and get pretty close in results.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

US News Rankings progression - last 10 years in a snapshot - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Re: Search using multiple tags   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2016, 21:20
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable bb 4 01 Oct 2016, 07:29
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Error message: sorry but you are not permitted to use the search systm pallavisrip 6 01 Oct 2016, 00:25
Search filtering on tags is incorrectly sorted and non-deterministic DAllison2016 0 20 Aug 2016, 13:52
Tag search @ club tests improvement stunn3r 0 20 Oct 2013, 19:08
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system masland 3 29 Jul 2010, 18:57
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Search using multiple tags

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.