Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 00:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Second GMAT Experience 660 Q47 V34

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UT at Austin, Indiana State University, UC at Berkeley
WE 1: 5.5
WE 2: 5.5
WE 3: 6.0
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Second GMAT Experience 660 Q47 V34 [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2010, 20:41
I do not know even how to start.

I took GMAT on Friday, January 29 for the second time in my life.
First time, I took it in October 2009 and scored 610, which was very disappointing for me.
This time, I prepared for the test for one month, and was very hoping that I will be able to score close or above 700.
660 score disappointed me...

This time, I used extensively GMAT club tests, which were wonderful resource for me to improve my math from Q44 to Q47.
And Manhattan GMAT CATs were very helpful as well.
However, I am very disappointed with the verbal section of the test. As I finished the test, I thought, I did better on verbal section rather than math section, simply because, on the math section I was dumb enough not solve three problems related to ratios and percent (fairly easy questions). I guessed them randomly.
Verbal section looked easy to me. I knew answers to most of critical reasoning and sentence correction questions. I screwed up only one reading comprehension, the rest were kind a OK for me.
BUT...
When I finished the test V34 popped up. I do not know what to do know. I am a graduate from American University, and have no problem understanding English, and my English is not that bad.
I needed GMAT to get into PhD program. I needed 700 at least. But I do not have it. and I am tired of studying for GMAT endlessly. I do not know whether any school in the US will accept me for Phd program with my 660 score.

I will try, if not then I will start surfing GMAT club again, and I will be ready again to battle with GMAT!!! For that, I need to wait for at least a year.
For now, I just say thank you GMATclub! If not you and bb, i do not know whether I would be able to get that high, where I am now. ( I still think 660 is not that bad for average university)
If you know any university, which accepts GMAT score 660 for PhD program in Accounting, please let me know...

Never give up,,,

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Baruch / Zicklin
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 148

GMAT Tests User
Re: Second GMAT Experience 660 Q47 V34 [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 07:43
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Remember, a 700 is not a garuntee to get into any school. It makes your chances better but you can offset a low GMAT score with solid work experience/stellar academic record/great extra currics and a variety of other things.

Another thing you can do is to ask the school you are planning on applying to for a class profile of entrants into the PHD program and the range of GMAT scores of their incoming class. A 660 is close enough to a 700 and given that your profile looks good too, I do not see a reason why they wouldn't accept you.

Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UT at Austin, Indiana State University, UC at Berkeley
WE 1: 5.5
WE 2: 5.5
WE 3: 6.0
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Second GMAT Experience 660 Q47 V34 [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2010, 22:56
After a week of break, decided to retake GMAT again. This time, I want to use Knewton course. They have 50 points guarantee or money back term. We will see how it will work out. I will am planning to study for GMAT this summer.
I need at least 700 to apply to Indiana University, i guess...
Thanks for cheering me up...

Never give up,,,

Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1975

Kudos [?]: 6398 [0], given: 3564

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Second GMAT Experience 660 Q47 V34 [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 22:35
Expert's post
Thank you for the kind words and sorry you are in a valley and not on a mountain top.
Hope it works out and good luck.

BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Re: Second GMAT Experience 660 Q47 V34   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2010, 22:35