I am already an MBA and am interested in a 2nd MBA very soon. Could you please have a look at my profile and give me your thoughts on that? It would be really helpful. The main reason I look forward for a 2nd MBA is that I did my first once straight after engineering and didnt have any experience and thus took a job which was first one to come on campus (I have not realized that its not where I want to be). I also realize that I need to get into a great college which had a alum base which can help me into Strategy Consulting or General Management.
Background: 85% score in High School. Computer Science Engineer from average engineering college in India (top 15 of my class).
First MBA: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (ranked in top 20 schools in India)
Work experience: One of the Big 4 accounting firms in Risk Advisory
Summer Internship: Financial Trading and Hedging Model building at India's Biggest commodities exchange.Initiatives at work
1. Formed a team to solve a compliance issue of my company and successfully heading the team. Appreciated by Senior Leadership.
2. Authored a White Paper paper and a proposal which would increase our reach to a particular group of clients. Appreciated by Manager and leadership.
3. Developed a standard pricing tool to price/charge the clients for our services. Extra Curricular Activities:
1. Placement Committee In charge in B school and Engineering. Some leadership experience there.
2. Editor of annual college Magazine and newsletter at IIT
3. Director of a Business Club (have good leadership experiences during 2 years at the club) at Engineering college.
4. Annual Festival coordinator for 2 cultural and business festivals in College.Teaching Experience
: I teach/coach students on personality development and interview skills at both graduate level and undergraduate level in partnership with a leading Coaching and Mentoring company in India.Internet Startup
: A small internet venture, more than 200 regular readers. Very nascent stage. Planning to grow in coming months.
Couple of Research Oriented projects in Finance during MBA (Financial Model Building).
I have passed of my MBA in 2012 and have been working for around 1 year now. I am currently into IT Risk advisory and want to move into strategy consulting or Finance roles. I am planning to do a second MBA form US after having a total of 3 or 4 years of work experience.
Could you please give me some feedback on my current profile and how I should develop a good profile in coming 2-3 years so that I can be on a good platform when i start my applications. Also, after seeing my profile, can you suggest some schools which can be my stretch, reach and safety schools ( I would be interested in researching more on them and taking to alumni in the next year).
Thanks a lot for help