Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

second time failure..... (low verbal)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

second time failure..... (low verbal) [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2006, 10:10
I took the second test yesterday, I scored 530 (Q44 V19)

Target score above 600-620.

my first attempt 490 (Q42 V17) in Jan'06.

I was using OG, Kaplan, PR, Powerprep, GMATprep, and Manhattan GMAT SC for preparation.

My verbal practice info:
SC: learn from OG, PR,Manhattan GMAT. Always got 80% right.
CR: learn from OG & Kaplan 800. Always got 80% right
RC: learn from OG. it might be my weakness. Always got 50% right

I used to get over 20v in my practice tests. Moreover, I was feeling well when doing that in actual test, but the result was so far from what I expected.

I do need any opinions/advice how to improve my verbal score, while I am planning to take the third test next month....

Thanks....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

score improvement [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2006, 16:46
Easy... You apparently are good at the math, you say the verbal also. You need to take several "full" lenght exams more before your next attempt. You are getting tired or weaker once you reach this portion of the test. Remember, its a mental endurance exam also...
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2006, 06:49
miquel.. I know exactly how you must be feeling. My case is quite similar to you. I took GMAT 3 times in last 2 years and scored 490,530 & 530 respectively. And Verbal is where I am not able to improve, and it is stuck at 22 points.

I am going to take it again, but going to focuss on verbal by keeping error log & participating in verbal forum. There are really great guys on this forum who share their verbal strategies on how to approach the SC's. I think in SC just getting the right answer is not important but analyzing it why you got it right & how the other options are wrong is very important. This will allow us to eliminate the famous GMAT traps.

I think you can Succed in GMAT if you understand the tricks & traps of GMAT questions.
I am hoping that I can get better score by changing my study approach.

-vin
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2006, 21:29
spliff97:
Thx, You might be right. I never take several "full" lenght practice exams. I used to skip the two essays. I will try your advice...

vin:
Thx, yeah... you might know how i'm feeling about. I will change my study approach, specifically on verbal. I need to retake the test next month, since May is my deadline submission for GMAT score. So I have only two weeks to prepare. I hope I will be able to get better score in my last attempt.

Really grateful about this forum...........
  [#permalink] 26 Mar 2006, 21:29