Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 22:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Second Time GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 05:53
My GMAT for the second time is scheduled for Monday. I havent put a debrief up after my first time as I was very dissappointed in my score. So here it is now -

I got a terrible 580 (Q 44 V 25), I have no idea how i did so badly on the verbal, never got such a low score on verbal even during any of the mock tests. I hope I do better this time!! All I am aiming for is a 650. The first I was writing the test I thought I would surely reach my goal, all of mock test scores from GMATPrep to Kaplan to Manhattan had scores in the 650 to 700 range.

Lets see how it goes. Will keep you posted on Monday.

Oh a few things I learnt from my first test -

1. My Last verbal question was a CR Bold face, thought I did the test OK till I saw my score!! So I guess you can get a bold face question no matter how you are doing in the test.
2. Math I started of really well, things started getting really tough by the 8 or 9th question. My 8th questions was a Probability DS question. But on thedown side i was consuming too much time, sadly i was both doing them wrong and losing time.

The really sad thing about verbal is I have no idea where I screwed up, I thought I was doing well till I saw my score.

I really hope I do better this time.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 07:44
Wish you all the very best for your second attempt. Hope you will get the desired score this time. Keep us posted how the test go on monday.

Give me a Kudo if you find my post useful

Awesome AWA tip - how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Amazing CR questions - 100-amazing-cr-questions-explanations-cr-700-to-800-level-137885.html

Overlapping set problems - advanced-overlapping-sets-problems-144260.html

My GMAT Story - from-530-q43-v20-to-630-q47-v30-my-gmat-story-144980.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 151

Re: Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 08:27
Best of luck man! Let us know how it goes :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 05:32
I did well, yaaay!! Got a 730 (49Q 41V). I think the key to doing Gmat well is to be cool and calm, otherwise we all prepare just as well. The reason I say this the time difference between my 2 gmat exams is exactly 31 days, which is too little for any significant difference in knowledge and prep other than calming your nerves and giving it a second shot.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 06:37
prepgmat1234 wrote:
I did well, yaaay!! Got a 730 (49Q 41V). I think the key to doing Gmat well is to be cool and calm, otherwise we all prepare just as well. The reason I say this the time difference between my 2 gmat exams is exactly 31 days, which is too little for any significant difference in knowledge and prep other than calming your nerves and giving it a second shot.

Wow, that's a great improvement. Wish you all the best for your applications :)

Give me a Kudo if you find my post useful

Awesome AWA tip - how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Amazing CR questions - 100-amazing-cr-questions-explanations-cr-700-to-800-level-137885.html

Overlapping set problems - advanced-overlapping-sets-problems-144260.html

My GMAT Story - from-530-q43-v20-to-630-q47-v30-my-gmat-story-144980.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 151

Re: Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 11:28
Awesome man!Can u share with us the kind of experience u had during the exam. Was the Level of questions similar to that of gmatprep and which topics in quant according to u are the most imp?

Thanks,
Shreeraj
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 19:44
This post received
KUDOS
In math, concentrate on Inequalities and absolute problems. I got many of those, I think inequalities like probability are the 650-750 level. I got 2 probability questions. When I wrote GMAT the first time, I didn't prepare from Manhattan, meaning I used their material to study but never wrote their tests, because I thought that their math was very difficult and it wouldn't be so hard on the exam and so its a waste of time preparing for something of a higher difficulty.

But the second time I did solely Manhattan and all their tests in the one month, and I think that helped a lot, it made the math in the actual GMAT seem a lot easier.

Verbal, was the same level focus makes all the difference in verbal.

Let me know if you need any other info.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 13

Re: Second Time GMAT [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 03:49
Congrats!! Nice score :) !!
Re: Second Time GMAT   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2012, 03:49