See the attachment : GMAT Critical Reasoning (CR)
Check GMAT Club App Tracker for the Latest School Decision Releases http://gmatclub.com/AppTrack

It is currently 08 Dec 2016, 00:00
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

See the attachment

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

See the attachment [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 01:44
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 100% (00:00) wrong based on 1 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

See the attachment
Attachments

Untitled[1]..jpg
Untitled[1]..jpg [ 54.17 KiB | Viewed 1079 times ]

Request Expert Reply
If you have any questions
you can ask an expert
New!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2009
Posts: 129
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 276 [0], given: 10

Re: Need explaination to the answers [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 03:21
targetMBA11 wrote:
See the attachment


The flaw in reasoning is as mentioned in options A.
A says that since studies were found flawed this implies that irradiated food is not safe. but even studies are flawed it is quite possible that irradiated food is safe.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Need explaination to the answers [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 03:30
einstein10 wrote:
targetMBA11 wrote:
See the attachment


The flaw in reasoning is as mentioned in options A.
A says that since studies were found flawed this implies that irradiated food is not safe. but even studies are flawed it is quite possible that irradiated food is safe.




Hi can you please elaborate on your explanation please.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2009
Posts: 129
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 276 [0], given: 10

Re: Need explaination to the answers [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 03:47
targetMBA11 wrote:
Hi can you please elaborate on your explanation please.


lets concentrate on option A. we are looking flaw in activists reasoning. Activist says that irradiated food is not safe because the method( used to establish food is safe ) itself is not valid, so this implies that food is not safe.

in simple word, lets say I established some statement to be true using some method, latter i came to know that the method i used was wrong. This does not mean that the established statement is wrong, it's quite possible that statement is true. which can be validated with some correct method.
hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Need explaination to the answers [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 03:52
einstein10 wrote:
targetMBA11 wrote:
Hi can you please elaborate on your explanation please.


lets concentrate on option A. we are looking flaw in activists reasoning. Activist says that irradiated food is not safe because the method( used to establish food is safe ) itself is not valid, so this implies that food is not safe.

in simple word, lets say I established some statement to be true using some method, latter i came to know that the method i used was wrong. This does not mean that the established statement is wrong, it's quite possible that statement is true. which can be validated with some correct method.
hope this helps.



Right i agree with you. Can you throw some light on option C . why this one is wron
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2009
Posts: 129
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 276 [1] , given: 10

Re: Need explaination to the answers [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 04:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
targetMBA11 wrote:
Right i agree with you. Can you throw some light on option C . why this one is wron


well it's difficult to put in words why option C is wrong, let me try :)
author is concerned about whether method is right or wrong not about how strongly or weakly it supports the out come.

btw what is OA.

please consider giving kudos if the discussion helped ..
thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Need explaination to the answers [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 04:11
einstein10 wrote:
targetMBA11 wrote:
Right i agree with you. Can you throw some light on option C . why this one is wron


well it's difficult to put in words why option C is wrong, let me try :)
author is concerned about whether method is right or wrong not about how strongly or weakly it supports the out come.

btw what is OA.

please consider giving kudos if the discussion helped ..
thanks



OA is A ... one question why people here are after receiving Kudo's ( im new to forum . sorry of its a silly one )
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2009
Posts: 129
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 276 [0], given: 10

Re: Need explaination to the answers [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2010, 04:15
targetMBA11 wrote:
einstein10 wrote:
targetMBA11 wrote:
Right i agree with you. Can you throw some light on option C . why this one is wron


well it's difficult to put in words why option C is wrong, let me try :)
author is concerned about whether method is right or wrong not about how strongly or weakly it supports the out come.

btw what is OA.

please consider giving kudos if the discussion helped ..
thanks



OA is A ... one question why people here are after receiving Kudo's ( im new to forum . sorry of its a silly one )

:) please follow following link
http://gmatclub.com/forum/kudos-points-on-gmatclub-forum-79704.html

in short it shows, how valuable discussion was.
thanks
Re: Need explaination to the answers   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2010, 04:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
3 GMAT Prep CR question that is hard - Table attached ronr34 10 13 Apr 2012, 04:57
59 Attached is a summary of the MGMAT Sentence Correction guide stanford2012 35 13 Mar 2011, 10:09
8 It is easy to see that the board of directors of the vjsharma25 13 12 Mar 2011, 20:29
see attched doc. CR-plants.doc goalsnr 8 25 Jun 2008, 20:06
ple se see the cr attached and give us an explanation andrehaui 11 19 Apr 2007, 12:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

See the attachment

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.