Joined: 23 Apr 2011
, given: 4
Dear Sameer Sir,
I am a 31 years old prospective Indian applicant and considering full time MBA. I secured 710 ( Q=50, V=35, AWA=4.5) in GMAT 2012. Presently working with a PSU, Bharat Petroleum Corporation limited, as an Assistant Manager and having 7+ years of experience. My main urge to do MBA is because of the following reasons:
1. I am facing the demerits of PSU( all gadhe-ghode barabar) and like to aspire and achieve bigger in my career.
2. If I will switch to private company directly then may face a lot of problems because of my job profile ( site engineer), so want to earn an MBA so that my reach to decision making position after a few years of post MBA.
My queries/apprehensions are as follows:
1. Am I thinking in the right direction? Is it worth to do MBA after leaving a good corporation and secured job with a package of 12 l.p.a?
2. Should I consider tier-1 US schools( Duke, Mccombs etc.) with heavy expenses/fees, keeping in mind that their application fees are also at the higher side? Or should I limit myself to Indian 1 year MBA and tier2 US schools which may provide scholarships( Rice, mays, ASU, Smeal,Broad etc.)?
3. Will my overage be the problem in recruitments post MBA?
I am very confused and not able to think and decide clearly. I am counting on your advice and response. Kindly guide me.
Thanks and regards,
GMAT score: 710 ( Q=50; V=35 AWA=4.5)
Class-X: 85.4% from C.B.S.E.
Class-XII: 77% from C.B.S.E.
Degree: B.Tech (Electronics Engg.)
College: KNIT Sultanpur ( a state govt. college)
Year of graduation: 2004
Percentage: 71% (ranked 7 out of a competitive class of 60)
Marital status: Married
Years of experience: 7+ years
Current Employment(2006-present): Bharat Petroleum Corporation limited (a govt. enterprise and a Fortune 500 Company) as an Assistant Manager.
Experience: Oil & gas Sector-Cross country pipeline projects encompassing designing, tendering, planning, engineering, and site execution, liasioning with statutory authorities.
Past Employment Shyam telelink Limited( now MTS)(2004-2006)
Experience: (Telecom service provider) Worked as a node incharge, handled the customers complaints & new connections, led the 6 members technical staff.