Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 19:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Seeking advise on profile for ISB

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Seeking advise on profile for ISB [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2010, 10:29
Dear Sir,

I am looking to apply to ISB in R2 this year and here is a snapshot of my profile:

Acads
Xth = 84%
XIIth = 65%
Engineering = 73% (Delhi Univ.)
MS (Canada) = CGPA og 3.93/4.33 (have many publications)

GMAT
Q = 50
V = 40
OA = 760
AWA = 6.0

Work Ex
Years = 5 (till date)
Companies Worked for = Microsoft & NetApp
Roles = Technical Lead, Technology Consultant, Operations Lead.
Brief Description = I have worked in various technical capacities as a SME in Microsoft technologies in both hard core technical role (Tech Lead) as well as a consultant assisting the field closely to close sales cycles. I have had a fair amount of exposure to the customer base in the datacenter space (across geographies) and have worked in various solutions for the same. Currently, I am the service owner for a part of a large datacenter's operations and lead both infra management and support delivery teams for services that I own.

I am pretty clear about where I want to go next and why I need ISB. Given this background, it would be of immense help if I can get an initial assessment of my candidature. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
S.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 127 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Seeking advise on profile for ISB [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 11:03
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You seem to have all the key core components of a winning application to ISB. REmember, many applicants from your pool are opting for US schools, so you should be competitive on your home turf for this reason. the most important thing for you is to provide anecdotyal examples of how you have outshone your peers at work and also provide compelling reasons for why ISB is the best fit for you. You might consider having someone help guide your story in your essays so you come out with an coherent, clear vision for how you plan to leverage your experience with the MBA to achieve your post-MBA goals. NEver hurts to argue some reasons why you would make a valuable addition to the classroom either. Good luck.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Seeking advise on profile for ISB [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 09:20
goldhunter80 wrote:
Dear Sir,

I am looking to apply to ISB in R2 this year and here is a snapshot of my profile:

Acads
Xth = 84%
XIIth = 65%

GMAT
Q = 50
V = 40
OA = 760
AWA = 6.0

Work Ex
Years = 5 (till date)
Brief Description = I have worked in various technical capacities as a SME in Microsoft technologies in both hard core technical role (Tech Lead) as well as a consultant assisting the field closely to close sales cycles. I have had a fair amount of exposure to the customer base in the datacenter space (across geographies) and have worked in various solutions for the same. Currently, I am the service owner for a part of a large datacenter's operations and lead both infra management and support delivery teams for services that I own.

I am pretty clear about where I want to go next and why I need ISB. Given this background, it would be of immense help if I can get an initial assessment of my candidature. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
S.

Hi,

We are handling lots of apps in R1 for ISB aspirants and can clearly say that your profile is highly competitive.
760 GMAT, MS and brands like Microsoft are strong points which will help.

Just make sure that your career goals essay is rock solid as you need to defend why you want to leave a good career and do an MBA now.

A small advice - Apply in R1 if you can as you already have a GMAT score and there is still a month to go.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy

Preparing for GMAT? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP (apphelp.co.in)
Phone: +91 9871354580
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/apphelpconsulting

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Seeking advise on profile for ISB [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2010, 08:42
goldhunter80 wrote:
Dear Sir,

Acads
Xth = 84%
XIIth = 65%

GMAT
Q = 50
V = 40
OA = 760
AWA = 6.0

Work Ex
Years = 5 (till date)

Regards,
S.

Hi,

In short you have a fair chance at making it to ISB as you got appreciable work-ex in reputed companies, good GMAT and most importantly I trust you have a clear idea of why you want to do an MBA. However, the chances will amplify based on how well you can express yourself through the application essays and do well on the interview (in case called for one).

With Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Seeking advise on profile for ISB [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2010, 07:12
goldhunter80 wrote:
Dear Sir,

Acads
Xth = 84%
XIIth = 65%

GMAT
Q = 50
V = 40
OA = 760
AWA = 6.0

Work Ex
Years = 5 (till date)

Regards,
S.

Hi

With all goo things in your profile such MS degree, MS ( Microsoft ) brand etc and a GMAT score of 760 getting an interview call from ISB should not be tough for you.

But .... sell your profile more as an operations lead and mention the pre sales work that you have done to mitigate the technical side of your profile which might make you appear like a regular IT profile. Even the examples that you quote in essays should be more around handling support team, consulting work rather than technology. If you can do this well you will tell ISB that you are an apt candidate for jobs like Google Online Sales & operations manager and hence will have a better chance.

Cheers
goISB Team

www.goisb.com
Blog: www.goisb.com/blog
Twitter: www.twitter.com/goisb

Re: Seeking advise on profile for ISB   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2010, 07:12