Well there are a few great ways to learn about the school, and especially since you are local, you have even more options.
1. Find out when the school has recruiting events, open houses, networking events, etc... Attend these and learn about the program and people that attend. Here's a place to start on their website: http://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/visit.html
2. Contact school and ask to be put in contact with alumni, and see if you can take one out to dinner to talk about these things
3. Talk with people in the forum here at the HAAS part time page: haas-ewmba-2012-calling-all-applicants-120315.html
4. Contact the school and see how you can learn more. Often times they offer days you can come in and sit-in on classes, speak to current students, and talk to the admissions team.
5. Dont believe everything you read. You should really go in with an open mind, and make your own judgements about how you feel about a certain program. Only you will know how you think you "fit".
great advice! i had no idea about most of those points you made. much thanks.