Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 04:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Selected to the IIMA PGPX and ISB (WL)...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 3

Selected to the IIMA PGPX and ISB (WL)... [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 05:05
Sorry for the rather late contribution to the list..

I am selected to the IIM Ahmedabad's 1 year PGPX program. Though at ISB I am waitlisted.

Profile:

Experience: 13 years of Indian IT product R&D
GMAT: 700 (Q47/v40/6.0 AWA)
Past education: M. Sc, Hyderabad Central University.
Have a patent or two in my name and have been a Senior Project Manager.
ECs: Several

Regards
retro

Regards
Rahul

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Selected to the IIMA PGPX and ISB (WL)... [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 05:44
Congrats! I would choose IIMA PGPX any day - ISB in my opinion is more overrated, and I think IIMA's PGPX program is rising above the ranks very fast. The ratings (FT etc.) where IIMA is ranked reflect its PGPX program and as you can see, it has been ranked way ahead of ISB.

However, if your goal is to move into consulting etc. not sure how much the PGPX will help, as it is more inclined to put put you into the industry side. But in that respect, ISB also has only as much benefit - barring McKinsey and Parthenon, no other marquee name recruits heavily at the school.

Congrats once again.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Manager
Manager

Re: Selected to the IIMA PGPX and ISB (WL)... [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 05:54
str1der wrote:
Congrats! I would choose IIMA PGPX any day - ISB in my opinion is more overrated, and I think IIMA's PGPX program is rising above the ranks very fast. The ratings (FT etc.) where IIMA is ranked reflect its PGPX program and as you can see, it has been ranked way ahead of ISB.

However, if your goal is to move into consulting etc. not sure how much the PGPX will help, as it is more inclined to put put you into the industry side. But in that respect, ISB also has only as much benefit - barring McKinsey and Parthenon, no other marquee name recruits heavily at the school.

Congrats once again.

At my expereience level, ISB may consider me an outlier. So that bothers me a little.

I do agree with you about the prospects after the 1 IIMA year. In addition, I do not know how well Consulting companies look at IIMA-PGPX but they have been there for recruitment.

As of the comparison, I think it will be immature on my part to call either school above the other. After a point, the factors to be considered are really personal and less to do with the institute, all of them being at the same level, more or less).

yeah, there is no brand to beat the 50-year old IIMA in India. Moreover, the alum network is pretty vast. So I indeed am off to IIMA

Regards
Rahul

Regards
Rahul

Manager
Manager

Re: Selected to the IIMA PGPX and ISB (WL)... [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 05:55
retro wrote:
str1der wrote:

Congrats once again.

At my expereience level, ISB may consider me an outlier. So that bothers me a little.

I do agree with you about the prospects after the 1 IIMA year. In addition, I do not know how well Consulting companies look at IIMA-PGPX but they have been there for recruitment.

As of the comparison, I think it will be immature on my part to call either school above the other. After a point, the factors to be considered are really personal and less to do with the institute, all of them being at the same level, more or less).

yeah, there is no brand to beat the 50-year old IIMA in India. Moreover, the alum network is pretty vast. So I indeed am off to IIMA

Regards
Rahul

And thanks a ton for your wishes!

Regards
Rahul

VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 449 [0], given: 455

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Selected to the IIMA PGPX and ISB (WL)... [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 15:28
congratulations. thats a rich man's dilemma.

I concur with strider btw. good luck!
Re: Selected to the IIMA PGPX and ISB (WL)...   [#permalink] 01 Dec 2012, 15:28