Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 22:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Self reporting transcripts? HELP!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 258

Kudos [?]: 1600 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
Self reporting transcripts? HELP! [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2006, 14:27
I'm trying to fill out the HBS self reporting transcript.

I'm torn between copying my official transcript EXACTLY or providing some language around the courses.

For example:

One quarter:
Projects
App Econ/Forecst
Microeconomics

Second quarter:
Microeconomics
Mon Comp Pub Pol
Corp Fin Theory

Two part problem - one, it looks like I retook Micro, which I didn't, its a different class. Technically, if one looks at the course #, theyd be able to tell, but still... My inclination was to call it Microeconomics II, but TECHNICALLY, this isn't the title. Also, Corp Fin Theory is exactly what is written on the transcript, so I could write that or I could write "Corporate Finance Theory" which is what it was.

I know they are really sticklers about this stuff...
Also...

Anyone have any experience listing A-level credits in the US? I got them coming in, and they are on my undergrad transcript, so I imagine I dont need to go and get a high school transcript, but I dont know!

I also spent a quarter at CMU, but it didnt actually count towards my graduation (cause I never bothered to transfer the credits)... technically, this doesnt meet the standard of "an institution which had degree bearing impact" - but it seems ridiculous to exclude the fact that, prior to finishing high school, I did a quarter at CMU as part of a summer program.

I'm overthinking this, aren't I?
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2006, 17:26
I would definitely include CMU course work you did.. Can you include it as part of other coursework?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2006, 15:21
I have another HBS self-reporting question.

I transferred after two years. Do I include the classes from my first school in the same form as my degree-granting school? It says to fill out a separate form from each school that granted you a degree, but it doesn't say whether or not to fill out a separate form for each school that DIDN'T grant you a degree. Also, there are like three spaces to upload undergrad grades. Did some people really get undergrad degrees from three schools???

Also, has anyone found a space for an addendum in the HBS application? A couple of my semesters could really benefit from some further explanation, but I can't find a good place to put that.

Thanks for any help!

:shock: :?:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2006, 15:23
citalfo wrote:
I have another HBS self-reporting question.

I transferred after two years. Do I include the classes from my first school in the same form as my degree-granting school? It says to fill out a separate form from each school that granted you a degree, but it doesn't say whether or not to fill out a separate form for each school that DIDN'T grant you a degree. Also, there are like three spaces to upload undergrad grades. Did some people really get undergrad degrees from three schools???

Also, has anyone found a space for an addendum in the HBS application? A couple of my semesters could really benefit from some further explanation, but I can't find a good place to put that.

Thanks for any help!

:shock: :?:

I uploaded the non degree granting school as well. It seemed silly to me to ignore it. In my case, it was a summer program before college - I called hte office and asked them and they said to go ahead and upload it and they'd understand what it was based on that.

No theres nowhere to put the addendum, short of using the essay question to address anything you want.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 06:16
It's annoying that these schools are too lazy to look at your actual transcript. For intl applicants, where the transcripts are in a million diff formats, I could see making folks get it translated. But you would think that for the $200+ application fee they could at least take the time to look at your actual transcript.

I know this is unproductive, but I had to say it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 04:49
lackeym77 wrote:
It's annoying that these schools are too lazy to look at your actual transcript. For intl applicants, where the transcripts are in a million diff formats, I could see making folks get it translated. But you would think that for the $200+ application fee they could at least take the time to look at your actual transcript.

I know this is unproductive, but I had to say it.

Funny you say that, cause I have the exact opposite view. I LIKE self-reporting. The schools that want me to mail in a real transcript - well, those are a pain - I have to print out some form, mail it to my school, they mail me back something sealed, then I have to mail something else back to the school... what a hassle.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 12:26
I am going to leave all of my classes from all of my schools in one sheet.
  [#permalink] 14 Sep 2006, 12:26