Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 18:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Self-teach strategy suggestions with my current books

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Self-teach strategy suggestions with my current books [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 07:49
Hey guys,

I have finally decided to hunker down and study for this test. I want to crack 700, but hopefully 730+. I need to take the test before 12/21. My plan is as follows-

Monday - Thursday: 7:30pm to 11:00pm after work.
Friday: Off
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 - 5:00pm

The books I currently own-

The Official Guide for GMAT Review
The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2nd Edition"
Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, Fourth Edition (Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides)
The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
Kaplan New GMAT Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests (Kaplan Gmat Premier Live
The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 12th Edition (Official Guide for the GMAT Review)
The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, 2nd Edition

My questions are as follows; does my schedule make sense and what would be the best strategy/book to start with?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: -21 [0], given: 0

Re: Self-teach strategy suggestions with my current books [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 08:31
Start off with the mgmat books. For best results, read the books at least twice. If you want to score in the high 700s, I recommend investing in the LSAT Powerscore books. The questions are extremely tough, but they will prepare well for actual gmat. After building a solid foundation, work though the OG Guide. Review each question, you should know why the other answer choices are incorrect.

Before you start studying, take a practice test. Focus more time on your weak areas & spend one week on quant & another on verbal. I also recommend taking a practice test every 2-3 weeks to see how you are progressing.

As you get closer to the test, your main focus should be on practice questions.
Re: Self-teach strategy suggestions with my current books   [#permalink] 22 Jul 2013, 08:31