Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 09:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Shock and Sadness...530

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Darden, Duke, NYU, Columbia
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Shock and Sadness...530 [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2007, 15:38
Not sure how the hell that happened today... but I want to cry.
530 Q29 V34
I will try again, but not sure on how to go about re-study. I want the highest score possible, but would be delighted to have a 670. Any kind advice?

:( mindy
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2007, 16:16
don't get too down on yourself. I wrote twice and my first showing wasn't up to my expectations. I wrote one year later and achieved a score that I was more than happy with :)

depending on when you plan to applying, it's highly recommended to step back from the books for a bit before you get back to studying. if you are planning on writing soon, take atleast 1 week off and get the rest of your life back in perspective and try your best to leave your GMAT score behind.

the best part about the gmat is that it's one of the few parts of our application that we can continue to improve (unlike our gpa's and past experience). so use that as motivation to get your target score and don't settle for less! good luck!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Darden, Duke, NYU, Columbia

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Well .. [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2007, 16:22
This is what my friend who went from a 510-670 in 31 days:
ok here are the steps:

1- get ritilan from your doctor
2- get the exact dry erase board you will use in the test and the markers
3- go to manhattan gmat .com and use their stop watch. Give yourself 10 minutes and do 5 questions from the official guide. If you get the question wrong go back in 3 days and do it again. Even if it was a careless mistake. Do every question in the 11th edition and quant, maybe verbal too.
4- If there is a category of questions you are particularly weak in go to the manhattan gmat book for that category and understand why you are getting them wrong.
5- review each question you got wrong and understand.
6- lock yourself away for the next 30 days, do not go out, do not talk to people and dedicate your life to getting the score you want so you can get into the school you want so you can have the life you want. It is not fun but there really isn't any other way.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Well .. [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 09:39
mediamindy wrote:
6- lock yourself away for the next 30 days, do not go out, do not talk to people and dedicate your life to getting the score you want so you can get into the school you want so you can have the life you want. It is not fun but there really isn't any other way.

I like this one :-D
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Well .. [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2007, 11:33
pm.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2007, 15:39
What MediaMindy said is so sad but true. I better score high enough to get into somebodys school, because this process will cause you to lose friends, or make people think you are just avoiding them. I have to constantly remind my friends and family that they have to trust that I am doing something that will make me happy in the end, and hopefully everyone else in my circle will be proud of me :) And I have been locked away for about 3 months now! Hopefully after the test I can get back to a normal life.
  [#permalink] 23 Sep 2007, 15:39