Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2015, 23:01
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Shocked by the good score. What do i do now?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Shocked by the good score. What do i do now? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 12:49
to this point i was getting around the 45th percentile on math practice tests and around the high 50s percentile on the verbal. on my 1st actual gmat i got jaw dropping 520 with a 55 verbal and 32nd math percentile.

so today i took the test again after a month + of studying with a private tutor and much continuously improving math scores (barely worked on the verbal). the entire test i thought i was doing great on math, then somehow i stayed on break too long and came in over 2 minutes late for verbal so i was already freaking out and the whole time i was taking that section i was extremely nervous and thought i was doing terrible, kept thinking i screwed up by not doing much verbal since the first test, ran out of time with 2 questions left. basically everything that could've gone wrong on verbal did.

so results came i god knows how i got in the 92nd percentile on verbal and are you **** kidding me the 28th on math. so overall it's by far the best i've gotten on any practice test to date and certainly more than what i was expecting BUT is that math score going to completely kill my shot with an mba program? i mean how do i even explain that? thing is i can't imagine being able to replicate that verbal again so taking it again (which was questionable before because of the rolling deadline) would be nearly useless now because i'm just about positive i can't get an overall higher score.

advice please?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 15

Re: Shocked by the good score. What do i do now? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 22:45
what was your total score??

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Intern
Intern

Re: Shocked by the good score. What do i do now? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 23:25
600. i just wanna know how much worse my breakdown is compared to getting say in the 60th percentile for both math and verbal. like how much attention will they pay to the awful math score? note: i'm applying for the marketing concentration
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HBS '15, Stanford '15
GMAT Date: 05-04-2012
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Shocked by the good score. What do i do now? [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 18:40
Apparently you respond well to stress when facing the verbal section. Perhaps you could leverage that?
Intern
Intern

Re: Shocked by the good score. What do i do now? [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 20:19
i can't match that verbal and my math was never really that good anyway, i took the test twice already. retaking the test is not really an option i'm considering right now. i really just wanna know where this score puts me with schools around the 30-50 ranking or maybe a bit below that
Re: Shocked by the good score. What do i do now?   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2010, 20:19