Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
VP
VP
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah realized that they have a 31 day wait policy... I dont understand why they have that... Means that I need to be active for another 31 days before I can retake!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Yeah there is a 31 day policy. Lol. Its probably so that you don't get the same questions again.

But yeah, I really think you can raise you score by 20-30 points within a month just because of the jittery factor because it seems like you quant foundation is really good!

Good luck!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got a 49 in Quant last time and this time it dropped to 48 !! Argh!

I dont know, kinda low... might just shoot myself! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
Got a 49 in Quant last time and this time it dropped to 48 !! Argh!

I dont know, kinda low... might just shoot myself! :)

:lol: :lol: Yeah see, its definitely the jitters, don't worry buddy. I'm sure you'll cross 700+ next month :wink:

Since you've taken ETS, do you feel PV's is a little bit more abstract in terms of its questions?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Definately! ETS was a breeze... The questions didnt have any twist to them!

ETS maths was a breeze! PV, you have to think!

Verbal in PV was a breeze tho.. the RC passages were pretty short. I had 3 2 paragraph passages and 1 slightly longer!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
Definately! ETS was a breeze... The questions didnt have any twist to them!

ETS maths was a breeze! PV, you have to think!

Verbal in PV was a breeze tho.. the RC passages were pretty short. I had 3 2 paragraph passages and 1 slightly longer!

Wow, that's good to hear about verbal :wink: Please post your experience with PV compared to ETS soon :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 269 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought you are going to score great! But any way I feel that with bit of luck and fewer silly mistakes you should cover distance between and just reaching finish line and glory of 700+ in a breeze.

Btw, did you finished quant or lot of guess work and final few blind picks! And did you notice any area covered more than other.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Okay... Do not feel like talking abt it today, but will write something -

Had my test scheduled at 1130 am. So left home around 1015 - on the way went to a Starbucks to pick up coffee. The test center is approx 40 mins from my place. The GPS did some funny routing and wanted me to take a turn on a one way street!!

Anyways, finally reached the center at 1115 and went through the formalities. It felt like I was applying for a visa! Had my photo taken, index finger print taken, digital signature copied!! They didnt have the DNA test, probably that will be there post PV!

Then was the test! Before entering the exam hall, the rulses were listed and read out again! Somehow felt like I was entering the Immigrations and customs of a very hostile country! I was handed the much discussed writing boards. Though in retrospect, I must admit that did not have much problem with them, save the fact that my hand was all black! On top of all the initial security, they make you scan your index finger everytime you enter or leave the room!

AWA was a breeze. Two easy topics that I had seen before.

Maths section started easy. Started off with a PS then a few easy DS... Then I made my first worng move. I started getting jittery, thinking that the questions were too easy and I must be missing out on the 'twist' that PV questions usually include. I started focussing more on each questions, just to double check!! BAD MOVE! I know I start getting jittery when I run out of time. I should not have bothered!

Then I ended up with 13 questions in 30 mins! Panic started! Anyways, made several guesses - I guess they weer wrong... Finally finised the math section. Rushed out to take the break. My palm was all black.

Rushed to the restroom, had a bite of the granola bar, sipped the coffee that I left on top of the lockers. Then signed back into the test room.

Started working on the Verbal. Started off with a few SCs, then a few CR and then the first RC passage. The RC was a breeze!
Then a few more of SCs and then second RC. I knew I made a mistake in the 2nd RC.. It stuck me only after I click the 'Accept answer' button! Felt like arrgh... but tried to convince that the past cannot be changed.. continue cautiously! Continued on... I had 4 RCs. Three of them were short and easy, the fourth one was relatively long, but still kinda easy. Then finished the verbal on time!

Took my sweet time to do the survey! I was curious to know how the sruvey information was used, but could not find any expln. At the end I click next to generate the score. It poped up a dialog saying that I had not chosen between the option to report or cancel the score! So I had to go back to the previous screen! At this time, I was in two minds, but finally decided to just accept! The system took a few seconds to process, which felt like ages, and then the score popped up!

And I was like ARRGH! Not again!! Am I jinxed or what! All my practice tests I have scored a lot higher!!

Anyways, in retrospect, I found the Verbal relatively easy, but Quant was quite tricky - it made you think. In the ETS world, the questions were straightforward and did not have any twist. In PV, there are more questions with a twist. Esp the DS questions!

Thats, my story!! Not sure whether I will take it again, I might, might not- the system doesnt allow one to take it before the next 31 days! I was quite confident about next week, but I do not know whether I can afford a months time again - work requires me to travel, and ECAs and other actitivities were suffering cos of GMAT.

Lastly, I would like to thank all of you here... everyone in this forum! I loved hanging in here. I used to check the forum as frequently as possible, during work, first thing in the morning. Its really addictive and enjoyable! I will be here, and if I decide to take up the challenge again, will definately seek your help!

THANK YOU!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
chiragr wrote:
I thought you are going to score great! But any way I feel that with bit of luck and fewer silly mistakes you should cover distance between and just reaching finish line and glory of 700+ in a breeze.

Btw, did you finished quant or lot of guess work and final few blind picks! And did you notice any area covered more than other.

I ran out of time. The last few were random picks! I thought the questions were evenly distributed - not specific area was covered extensively. Had Algebra, math, geometry questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
John, twice 690 !!!! You are a very unlucky person. But hey, 690 is also a very good score. I dont think 10-20 points can bring about a world of difference. I have seen your website and its real cool. I think you have a very good profile and with a score of 690, you should get into the school you want !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811,

It's a good score , i know you deserve better.Next time you will definitely hit 700 + . I think your few last guess in quant section might have brought down your quant score to 48 .

Don't give up . One more month that's it . You will definitely get it .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Btw John, what is your split in the scores in both your attempts?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
Re: Shoot myself! 690 again [#permalink]
sm176811,

i am happy for you that you scored 690. i am sorry for you that your score didn't satisfy you. if you want to do it, do it very soon.

690 itself is grt score.. congrats.......

:band :musband :woohoo

goodluck for your application processes........
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811,
I see your post whenever i go to math section. You are genious and deserve to get 700+. Do not get disappointed and act like Robert Bruce.If your situation is like that, i do not know what is gonna happen a dumb student like me man.Good luck and hang around with this forum.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1580 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sm, im sorry that you did not reach your potential. It was probably a bad day for you. Nervousness gets the best of us and could greatly affect our scores. Sometimes there is nothing to show for hard work and that is the most frustrating thing of all. On the bright side, your scores are very consistent and 690 is a great score! Perhaps some schools take the highest section of each attempt? Congrats! and keep your head up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey, Congratulations!! 690 is a good score and I dont think 10 -20 points would make a diff. You shoulod concentrate on improving other areas in your resume

But I should say, just like the others I thought you would be well over 700.

Couple Questions

Were there Coordinate geometry probs and Acid Solution probs??

Also were there lots of number theory probs ? What was the difficulty level??

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
To repeat a score is not easy, that too with tests administered by two diff companies.

Just stay calm next time around, it will def help you with.

Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts