Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1833 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Re: Should I apply R3 2016 SEP or R1 2017 JAN? [#permalink]
Also depends on your post MBA goals - I'm not sure if you mentioned your function, but if its IB or similar finance roles you are looking for, then I recommend applying for the December intake - reason is that you have to go through the internship process (I am sure you have a good idea since you have extensive experience in banking). Otherwise, R1 and R3 - the main difference will come down to scholarships availability as someone else mentioned. There is literally a world of a difference where in R3 you will have a few merit based scholarships open and of course need based scholarships.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FRD wrote:
Also depends on your post MBA goals - I'm not sure if you mentioned your function, but if its IB or similar finance roles you are looking for, then I recommend applying for the December intake - reason is that you have to go through the internship process (I am sure you have a good idea since you have extensive experience in banking). Otherwise, R1 and R3 - the main difference will come down to scholarships availability as someone else mentioned. There is literally a world of a difference where in R3 you will have a few merit based scholarships open and of course need based scholarships.

All the best!

thank you for the advice, I am not looking for IB field, but I would like to change to mgmt consulting or strategic marketing. I am also tempted to apply the 2017 Jan entry, one of the strongest reason is that I will be promoted to AVP in early Feb, which will be after the R3 deadline (Sept entry) but before the R1 deadline (Jan entry), so I can incorporate this promotion and salary increase in my application. But a strong push-back is that I have already received an offer from another school (sept entry), the worst case would be INSEAD put me on the waiting list for next Jan entry, then I probably will not hear from them until year end. Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
I believe this is a choice you must make yourself :)

Ultimately, it depends on how you rank your two options in order of priority and your appetite for risk. You did mention consulting, so INSEAD does tick the consulting box quite easily (evidence: initial exposure to school, student body & stats)
GMAT Club Bot