I’m looking to start an MBA in 2015. Can you please evaluate my profile? Should I continue to believe in this dream and keep fighting with GMAT beast!!!
- Career Shift (Transition into consulting)
- International Experience / One time life experience
- YALE SOM (Dream)
- Tepper or UNC or both of them (For safe side)
* I am also planning to apply two more b-schools in US. However, I have not chosen them yet. Possible schools are listed below;
- Tuck ( I am not sure whether I can get an acceptance from a top 10 b-school)
- Booth ( I am not sure whether I can get an acceptance from a top 10 b-school)
- Kellogg (Same as Booth, question marks about top 10)
* Should I consider to use one of my bullet in Elite Schools (Harvard, Stanford, Wharton)?
Turkish Male / 29 yrs old
Education: Middle East Technical University ( One of the top three universities in Turkey)
GPA: 3.16 ( A bit low compared to top 20 b-school's mean. However I could explain my low GPA with an essay. Since I have transffered from another university, it was a bit hard for me to adapt this new environment. Although I got low GPA in the first term of second class, I increased it up to 3.88 in spring term of fourth year)
GMAT: Not Taken Yet (Ready to start with Manhattan GMAT
and OG )
- Current position: Business Controller (Appointed as acting finance manager in second year) / IKEA (3 years)
Greatest Contribution: Completed two projects which were applied to whole IKEA Turkey operation.
- Financial Analyst / Procter and Gamble (6 months)
Greatest Contribution: $1M saving project
- Financial Analyst / Coca-Cola (10 months)
Greatest Contribution: Pre-seller based profitability tracking system / completely new for whole operation
- Auditor / Deloitte (2 years)
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Volunteer at LOSEV ( Foundation for Children with Leukemia) / Volunteer part time teacher at LOSEV school
- Board Member of Young Politicians Association
- Gym (Greatest Transformation with perseverance and ambition)
- Coca-Cola Bottle Collector
- Chess player
- UN Online Volunteer
-Short Term: Shift into consulting area and hired by a top consulting firm
-Medium Term: Hold a senior manager position
-Long Term: Build my own company ( Targeted question : How to transform a successful family company or small and medium size enterprise into a global brand? )
Thank you very much for any advice!