Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
While my skills are different than yours and will likely be needed for a long time, I am in a similar situation as yours age-wise. I fully agree with your assessment that doing courses PT can be a disadvantage when it comes to balancing studies and family life.

Conventional wisdom (and many posts) seem to indicate that PT programs are better suited to individuals having a family because family income won't be affected. However, I obtained a master's degree (engineering, not MBA) on a PT basis and family life took a huge hit: attending courses once or twice a week is just the beginning; then there are all the other nights and weekends spent studying. Every case is different, but based on my personal experience it's tough to balance work, family and studies and that's the main reason why I'm looking for a FT program (BTW, my age is close to yours).

Just like you, I would also be interested in hearing what others think about this.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
There certainly is something to be said for FT programs for people of all ages:

1) You have more schools in the top clusters to choose from (many of the high cluster schools eg Dartmouth do not have a PT program)

2) Pursuing an FT programs gives you MUCH more geographic flexibility

3) You do have the advantage of specialization- you can dedicate your time to studies instead of trying study and work at the same time

4) PT programs at some schools risk stretching on forever- FT MBAs will be over within two years
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]