Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I keep waiting to use GMATPrep CATs??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Should I keep waiting to use GMATPrep CATs?? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 14:31
Hey All....

So I really have a personal deadline to get the GMAT DONE by late September latest. I have my own start-up and our version 2 Beta for our clients is set to release right about then, and I suspect that following a couple weeks after that I will see diminished scoring returns on my CAT's because I will virtually be glued to my screen fixing bugs 18 hours a day.

I have taken 5 MGMAT CATs and have scored the following...CATs taken approx. a week apart during prep.
640 (42Q, 36V)
650 (41Q, 38V)
660 (42Q, 38V)
660 (45Q, 35V)
670 (44Q, 37V)

and I took the actual GMAT back in early July (before any of the MGMAT CATS) and scored a 640 with 43Q and 34V

I have NOT taken any of the GMATPrep CATs because I really wanted to save them up until the actual GMAT test date, but now that I only have one more MGMAT CAT left, I may have no other choice.....I am not sure whether I should shift my focus to V and focus on hitting that 40+, or if I should remain FULLY focused on quant? (FYI, I have only been prepping Quant for 2 weeks now because that was my weaker point)

People say that if you are hitting 44-45Q on MGMAT CATs, then a 47Q on actual GMAT should be realistic, but I am not so sure. Anyone have any advice for any continuing strategy? I have done all the OG problems for Q and V, these were done back in early-mid July.

I am really trying to hit a 720+, but I feel as if I am hitting a wall here as I do not know where I should focus moving forward....any help is greatly appreciated.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Should I keep waiting to use GMATPrep CATs?? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 14:55
I've also been doing the gmat club problems (purchased them all) and attribute most of my
Improvement to them in quant.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 643 [0], given: 6

Re: Should I keep waiting to use GMATPrep CATs?? [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 12:34
Expert's post
Hi buguy7,

We get this question a lot--should you save GMATPrep tests?

Well, our advice is to take 1 GMAT Prep right away from the beginning so you get familiar with the test interface on the first day. That way, as you study you can visualize how each question would appear on the computer screen.

We recommend saving the 2nd GMAT Prep for roughly 1 week before your actual exam - so you can test yourself and figure out where you need the most review in that last week.

Some of you might be wondering: Well, wouldn't it be a waste if I took that first GMAT Prep on the first day?

Well, not really. A lot of students tend to believe that just because they've taken that first test - that that test now is useless. That is completely wrong.

Just because you've seen the questions before - does not necessarily mean you will get them all correct.

In fact, your thinking should be this instead:

"Since I technically saw some of these questions before - then I'd BETTER ACE this test - especially after all the studying I did in the last few weeks."

That's right - hold yourself to a higher standard. Who cares if you saw a question before. It is not until you completely dominate an entire test you've seen before that you can even think about "dismissing" that test as being useless for your study needs.

Lastly, if you are looking for more practice CATs, here's one from us: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Should I keep waiting to use GMATPrep CATs??   [#permalink] 21 Aug 2013, 12:34