Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 03:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I mention I am taking GMAT again in MBA application?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Should I mention I am taking GMAT again in MBA application? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 10:48
So I am taking my 2nd GMAT tomorrow, and hopefully it works out, but you never know what is going to happen. However,
some of the schools I am planning to apply have their deadlines on the first week of March, so whatever result I get on my 2nd GMAT will be the score they will judge me as, and considering how my past 4-5 practice exam scores never went above 640, most likely I will have to take 3rd GMAT in April for schools with April deadlines unless some luck + best condition work together that grant me 650+, which I most likely doubt.

I know it sounds dumb expecting failure when I didn't even take it yet, but should I mention in my MBA essay (optional essay) for schools with March deadlines that I am taking GMAT again in April?
Your expertise on this is appreciated.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2173

Kudos [?]: 7729 [0], given: 3629

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Should I mention I am taking GMAT again in MBA application? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 14:37
Expert's post
You can mention, if it is true, that you keep getting shocked on the test day and the performance you expect is not materializing. You are committed to getting the right score and will retake it. That may turn the tables a bit for lower ranked schools and help you get some footing in the door if your score is not within the range. The top 10 schools are not likely to pay much attention, however.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

Re: Should I mention I am taking GMAT again in MBA application? [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 15:25
Expert's post
Hey there,

I was going to respond and realized you just took the GMAT today. How'd it go? Hopefully you rocked it! If you're willing to share how you did, we can probably have a less hypothetical convo at this point about what you can do for some of your March deadline schools.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Expert Post
Optimus Prep Instructor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Should I mention I am taking GMAT again in MBA application? [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 02:10
Expert's post
It is totally OK to reach your target score in the 2nd or 3rd attempt. There is nothing to hide. The worldwide average of GMAT test trials is 2.9!

Best regards,

Artem Morgunov I Founder of Optimus Prep I morgunov@optimus-prep.com

Re: Should I mention I am taking GMAT again in MBA application?   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2014, 02:10