Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 10:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I postpone???

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 11
Location: Vancouver, BC
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Should I postpone??? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2005, 10:15
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on my dilemna...
I have taken the Kap Dia with a 560, Kap with 530 and GMAT prep (powerprep) with 530. I need a minimum 550 and am hoping for a 600. Since I will apply in R1, the score should suffice.

I'm applying to canadian schools, none of which state more than "acceptable Gmat score" as admission criteria. My exam is booked for oct 15.

- First question is...is it even possible to raise my score to 600 in 2 weeks?
- Second, does the difference between 530 and 600 really matter?

I work for a large CPG company and have 5 years work experience since my BA in Econ.

What do you think? - Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
_________________

That which will not kill me will only make me stronger - Nietzsche

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 332
Location: Montreal, Canada
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2005, 11:33
If you're not ready, my advice is to postpone until you feel ready. So much of the GMAT is attitude; you gotta go in there confident that you can conquer the beast. If you feel shaky, it's best to pay the small fee ($50 US I think) to postpone until you're ready.

That said, it's definately possible to raise your score in a couple of weeks, if you focus on the concepts giving you trouble and put in the hours.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 11
Location: Vancouver, BC
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2005, 15:15
thanx coffeelvr

the mba fair is here in my town tomorrow. I'll speak with a few ppl and see what they think....

i'm so afraid of having a low score and then having to re-write.

Thanks for your help- i'll give it all i got for the next 12 days!
:wall
_________________

That which will not kill me will only make me stronger - Nietzsche

  [#permalink] 03 Oct 2005, 15:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Should I postpone the date? cdas 2 20 Apr 2012, 08:25
Should I postpone the GMAT? GmatNY86 6 16 Sep 2009, 15:52
Experts publish their posts in the topic Should I postpone GMAT? jadechynna 4 09 Aug 2009, 08:17
Experts publish their posts in the topic Should I post-pone? lucas 4 12 Dec 2004, 21:19
Experts publish their posts in the topic Should I post-pone? lucas 3 12 Dec 2004, 21:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Should I postpone???

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.