I need advice on if I should postpone the GMAT? I'm scheduled to take it on Aug 29th, which is 3 weeks away. I have been studying off and on for 3 months including a one month Kaplan course
. I just took the GMATPrep practice test 1 and scored a 550 (Q32 V??). I'm much stronger in Verbal, as my background is in Communications/Marketing.
I work full-time, so I can study after work and on weekends. I would like to sit for the test once to get a feel for it, but want to be able to take it again before the Round 2 application deadlines in January. I was aiming for high 600's, but I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now.
Additionally, my undergrad math grades were weak and my overall GPA was only so-so. I wanted to apply for the class of 2012, but it's not looking so hot.