Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I re-schedule???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 19

Should I re-schedule??? [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 16:29
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if I should re-schedule my exam or not. I am scoring between 510-580 on GMAT prep software and the school I am applying to requires 550. I just did the Princeton Review test online and got a 470!!!! :cry: Q33,V23. Even though I got 12 incorrect in Q how did I get Q33??

I am sooo confused... I took one week off from work to study intensively but now I don't even know if I should take the exam next week or not... and I need to make a decision today because as far as I know if you re-schedule your exam in less than 7 days before the exam date - you kiss goodbye to your 250 bucks :?

What do you think?? What would you do if you were in my place????
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 84

Kudos [?]: 474 [1] , given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Should I re-schedule??? [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 16:38
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I think that you're fine. Take the test as scheduled. The most accurate predictor of your actual performance is the GMATPrep, and your scores from those indicate that you're capable of earning a 550.

I've read that the scores from the Princeton Review CAT's decrease rather quickly compared to the GMAT. Also, the GMAT has a number of experimental questions that don't count towards your score. Test simulations from outside sources (Princeton Review, Manhattan, Kaplan, etc.) don't have those question types.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2175

Kudos [?]: 7765 [1] , given: 3629

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Should I re-schedule??? [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 18:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
GMAT Prep is the best. Spend your time wisely for now - 470 to 550 is 80 points and that's doable. What are you using to study?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 19

Re: Should I re-schedule??? [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 19:38
During my exam preparation I used OG 11 and the OG Review Verbal (as my weakness is the verbal part). I also used the Quantitative with Kaplan Math Review. This week I focused on doing GMAT tests - 2 full GMAT tests a day and after I work on the questions that I got wrong.

I will trust the GMAT Prep software, as you said... I am going for the GMAT next week, final choice!! Worst comes to worst I will still have time to re-take the exam before the application deadline (which is Oct 2010)

Thank you bmillan01 and bb... It's good to get a response when you are desperately seeking for an advise :)
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Followers: 103

Kudos [?]: 206 [1] , given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: Should I re-schedule??? [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 21:24
This post received
KUDOS
Re: Should I re-schedule???   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2010, 21:24