Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 05:01
Hi,

Today I have given my 1st GMATPrep Practice Test1. I have got 240......... :( :( :( ..

Quant:13 correct out of 37 ( guessed last 10 questions...)
Verbal: 14 correct out of 41 (Guessed many question)
Even though I have gone through some of MGMAT math books(Basics..)

Should I stop thinking about GMAT ?????
Guys Please help me..........
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 05:32
What's your target score ? You need to give yourself a 2nd chance. There are people on this forum who have prepared for years and got their desired score. Anything is possible - just be prepared to go for the long haul ( >= 6 months)

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 06:16
My Target Score is anything between 650-700. What are the chances that I can get my target score. What type of preparation will be needed for that. I haven't found any 1 having such score in early stage and end up with great score.... So I am in big dilemma whether I stand up after this fall and start from scratch or I leave this dream of doing MBA from good Institute and stop thinking about GMAT.... People please help me. BB I need your guidance as well......
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 15:59
dont give up,

Push harder and get a personal tutor
If you dont study diligently you will never get a high score. SO make sure you want this and be ready to give up your social life good luck
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 23:35
This fall is still a long time. The good news is that your goal is not as difficult as it seems. This is because improving from 250 - 500 would need less effort than it seems now. A lot depends on your background also. You havenot heard people reporting such scores because people donot have the courage to stand up and accept the scores infront of others. I think the number of people getting 750 would be the same as number of people getting 250 still the forums are full with 750 scores. I also second that getting a tutor could be useful. GMAT is not a test of math and english but GMAT Math and GMAT English - and its very possible that you are not aware of the question types. Believe me except the problem solving and reading comprehension part none of the topics are taught in schools/colleges (atleast in what I know). The questions are designed to fall in traps. Once you are aware of common mistakes and traps your score would rocket.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2233

Kudos [?]: 8372 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 10:30
Expert's post
neeraj7k wrote:
Hi,

Today I have given my 1st GMATPrep Practice Test1. I have got 240......... :( :( :( ..

How/why do you have such a score if you have gone through MGMAT books?
Something is off.... Do you feel comfortable with all those areas that were covered in the books or did you go through them and finished the last chapter even though you may have felt uncomfortable with the entire book?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 10:15
I just have gone through MGMAT books .Only few topics from here and there..Gave my 1st GMAT prep test 1st as suggested by many people in this forum. Some topics I understood well but some topics I skipped and for some topics my approach was wrong during the exam which made me to guess the answer.
Quant : 1st 4 questions I did wrong(Mostly wrong approach for questions because i had't gone through the topics).. and at the End 5 min and 12 questions were remaining. I guessed last 10 questions blindly. Ended up with 13 correct out of 37.

Verbal : 1st question I did wrong. Last 12 to 14 question I guessed blindly including 2 RC and many CR questions. Ended up with 14 correct out of 41.

1st diagnostic test hit my confidence very badly. I don't know what to do now. I wanted to give my GMAT before June. But really don't know what to do in this situation. M out of studies from last 3 days...
BB if you can give me some advise what to do next.......
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2012, 10:34
neeraj7k wrote:
Hi,

Firstly If You quit now, you will quit too the next time you fail at something else .

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2012, 12:30
how much did you prepare before giving this test? If next to nothing, then prepare well. If a lot, then reassess your strategy.

GMAt isn't tough. It needs patience.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other
Schools: University of Wisconsin (Madison) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 12

Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 18:53
Keep your head up - My first diag. test was a 580, well below my 700+ target. Perhaps spend some time understanding how the questions are asked. I recall being more confused by the question delivery than the subject matter. Most of us have to put a great amount of effort into preparing for the GMAT (darn those fortunate few that can show up and hit a 99% score! :-D ).
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2012, 20:46
Don't quit! Just study, study, study! You have to be serious about studying and completely dedicated to it. Raising your score is entirely possible.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 11-15-2011
GPA: 3.33
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 38

Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2012, 21:31
dont quit
Re: Should I stop Thinking about GMAT!!!!!!!!!!!   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2012, 21:31