I have signed up to take the GMAT on December 15 but I am not scoring nowhere near the score I want. I am scoring on the 570-600 range on practice test (I have been studying for two months now using kaplan
, it hasnt been effective, but I'll get into that later).
Does it make the sense to take the test especially since I am not getting the score i want? I would not mind delaying my application an extra year if I can somehow get my score to go up about a 100 points.
The reasoning behind me wanting to take the test two weeks from now though i am not ready is because I feel that the adrenaline of having a test in two weeks will allow me to accelerate my studies and perhaps go up 50 points from here till then.....After reading the forums for a couple of days that seems highly unlikely.....
You have 7 days to reschedule your GMAT for the $50 fee, otherwise you will lose your exam fee.
FYI: Most people do not report an "adrenaline" from the upcoming test appointment. More often than not, it drives panic and frustration due to lack of progress.
My advice: Take the test (don't lose any money on rescheduling). Use the test as a learning point to move forward. Come up with a new study plan ot overcome your shortcomings and obtain/achieve your desired results.
Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings