Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 266 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Schools:UC Berkley, UCLA
GMAT 2: 540 GMAT 3: 530
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Nationality: Indian
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Re: Should I take the GMATprep? [#permalink]
Kudos
If you're taking the GMATPrep in order to feel more comfortable with the test environment, then it's fine. Other than that, however, it's probably best to move on to something else at this stage.

I'm not a big fan of taking many CAT's, so just be careful with how many of those that you use.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Try MGMAT CATs,if you have access. I loved MGMAT CATs. I have done 3 so far. If you do not have access to MGMAT CATs then take some other tests. Check the forum for reviews. Personally, I found that GMAT prep inflates scores a little and I prefer tests that deflate scores :-P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I will be taking my first cat-GMAT prep1 this saturday; a little background: finushed solving OG12, plan to give gmat 1st week of sept.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks guys! Great advice!

@heygirl - I took the MGMAT tests... its because I'm through with those exams that I was asking what should I do next... I think I'm just going to solve some qs learn from my mistakes etc... for now.

@Indigointensions... that sounds good... I've been doing a lot of exercises these days... for now exercising on tough qs seems like a good idea. Thank you though for your...Indigo Intensions! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2217 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Hi mariyea,

If you're looking for quant practice, 800 score tests may be just fine. however, I wouldnt be too worried if I get only 4-5 questions wrong in Quant and still score 43-44, something that never happens on GMAT prep or MGMAT tests.

Beware of their verbal questions though. some of them are poorly written with really confusing OEs. So if you dont see a reason why you got a Q wrong then probably there is no reason! On the other hand, their verbal scoring is pretty cool. Gave me a 44 everytime, a feat I've never achieved in GMAT prep or MGMAT!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@gmatpapa, I'm not so worried about the Q section as I am about the V section.

At any other time RC wouldn't have worried me I'm just unable to collect my thoughts once I start reading the passages. In other words, I perform much better when I'm not being timed... That's what I have observed. Anyway I think I'm just going to practice on some difficult problems that i can find here in the GMATclub or may on the LSATs. :) Thank you though for your valuable in put!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
Send PM
mariyea wrote:
At any other time RC wouldn't have worried me I'm just unable to collect my thoughts once I start reading the passages. In other words, I perform much better when I'm not being timed... That's what I have observed.

I had the same issue. What I did was , I timed the OG RC passages too. I gave about 8-10 mins per passage assuming that we have 4-5 questions. This used to nerve wrecking for the first few passages and then I started to get used to the clock ticking. Just keep practicing with the clock on a couple of passages daily and you will improve in a week's time.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
ummmm.... You should have mentioned that you're gonna take the real GMAT in two days :)

I got the info from some other post... At this stage, it is my opinion that you go for the GMAT Prep Test. Write both of them and then average out the scores...
From my experience, I use the following principle to estimate my final GMAT score:
1. Average of both the GMAT Prep Tests - 50 [Bad Day]
2. Average of both the GMAT Prep Tests - 20 [Normal Day]
3. Average of both the GMAT Prep Tests + 10 [Good Day]

So with just two days left, I think you should write the Prep Test and not worry about the other tests :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@Entwistle
AHHHHHHH!!! LOL....I know I know... I'm extra nervous as each day goes by... I just wanted to know what everyone else would do normally and then I thought about it and I just decided to strengthen the areas where my skills are weak. Thanks for the advice!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thanks for the scoring translation and comparison of prep with others.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
mariyea wrote:
@Entwistle
I just wanted to know what everyone else would do normally

lol...

I would booze my head off on the second to last day before the exam... and do the 6th Manhattan GMAT on the last day before the exam... Not for analyzing any weak spots and stuff... Just to get in the groove ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Entwistle wrote:
mariyea wrote:
@Entwistle
I just wanted to know what everyone else would do normally

lol...

I would booze my head off on the second to last day before the exam... and do the 6th Manhattan GMAT on the last day before the exam... Not for analyzing any weak spots and stuff... Just to get in the groove ;)

Thanks man! :-D

Unfortunately, I'm out of MGMAT exams but I'll do some exercises and improve in the my weak areas... i.e One on one with the clock! :boxer
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2217 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
2 days!! i think you'd be better off not taking any new test at this stage but you should just review your strong areas..
y
If you take a test and do not see the score that you want to see, it wouldn't leave you with that confident feeling you'd want to have 2 days before the test. . Also, if you try to improve on your weaker areas, there is not sufficient time left. So even this may not be so good for your confidence.

On the other hand, if you review your stronger areas, solve some tougher problems with confidence and rhythm, it'll help you set up a good mood- something you'd definitely want to take to your exam.

Just my 2 cents and all the best wishes for G-Day!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmatpapa wrote:
2 days!! i think you'd be better off not taking any new test at this stage but you should just review your strong areas..
y
If you take a test and do not see the score that you want to see, it wouldn't leave you with that confident feeling you'd want to have 2 days before the test. . Also, if you try to improve on your weaker areas, there is not sufficient time left. So even this may not be so good for your confidence.

On the other hand, if you review your stronger areas, solve some tougher problems with confidence and rhythm, it'll help you set up a good mood- something you'd definitely want to take to your exam.

Just my 2 cents and all the best wishes for G-Day!

Thank you! That's what I think I'm going to do. :-D
GMAT Club Bot